One more regular season show to go ,let the predictions rip

Predictions are opinions, opinions are like ###h*les. We all have one.

Thank goodness. Life would be pretty unpleasant if we didn't!

• Like 1

I believe the staff change was essentially at the start of the '12 season, and that resulted in Black Symphony. The staff is outstanding and knows what they are doing, the difference is that this year they have absolutely taken some chances in terms of design, and it's really refreshing. Is it perfect? Absolutely not (at least night the last time I saw it, in Wayne). A lot of it was unreadable in the early season. That will lead folks to question things. Sure, they have younger members...so combined with the major change in style (particularly the Metheny piece and the Doors groove) it's going to take time to get all figured out. And from the results of the Scranton show (I was not there) it appears they are on the right track.

I'll let you know my thoughts after I see them in Reading this weekend.

the big changes came this year. carl roucco for starters and then about 4 or 5 others who were replaced by old brigs people. john i do keep up on this stuff. they had a big turn over this year. what happened in 2012 was very minor.

Hey, BigW!

Finish the dammnn review!

This is a most interesting season. Public opinion probably says "anyone but Reading." That's understandable. There is NO doubt, Caballeros this year are, well . . easy to take. It's a most pleasing show. Wonderful melody, nice movement, great looking, and well played. What's not to like?

Bucs?

YES, I am an alumni. However, this is not one of my favorite programs from Bucs, my 'team.' This year's Bucs have faced unique challenges. This was bound to be a slow-to-get-moving season. But, have they met that challenge? Have they now moved enough? Bucs have CLEARLY grown and 'upped' their game. BUT, in the end . . . . what wins?

Is this all about popularity, innovation, execution, political pull? I really don't know. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

the big guy has to get it together to write is dissertation fred.............LOL. just kidding with ya big w.

the big changes came this year. carl roucco for starters and then about 4 or 5 others who were replaced by old brigs people. john i do keep up on this stuff. they had a big turn over this year. what happened in 2012 was very minor.

Don, I believe you are correct. I know nothing about the Brigs connection, however. But, should this matter? Can this corps, or any other corps overcome such challenge, and be rewarded for what they bring to the table by the end of the season? We'll soon see, but what do you think, Don?

Hmm, let's see if I can explain this quick before dinner.

I've had this explained to me by individuals in the pipeline.

The turnover was well planned in advance at the Bucs, Carl and the others made sure that good people were in place ready to go and that knew the ropes to replace all of them in a smooth transition. The Bucs made sure that any management and board changes would be smooth, positive, and wouldn't upset the apple cart. Several of the folks who did leave had worked pretty hard there for a very, very long time and needed a well deserved breather before they imploded physically and mentally. It's not easy to run/manage an organization like that as well as have your real life things to deal with. There was no coup d' etat, intrigue, long knives, none of that. :satisfied:

This hasn't rocked the boat at all. Seriously. It was done thoughtfully and having learned lessons from other places and problems, believe me.

• Like 1

As a member of this staff, I can say that you are very incorrect. There are no new Brigs that haven't been on the staff for years.

Sorry to cut through with some truth, but this can all be verified on this same message board.

How about this idea, come to the show this weekend and buy a ticket. You can see all of the corps and provide your opinions on what you see that night, as opposed to what is being written on this satirical message board.

You might enjoy that more.

Hope to see you there. :tounge2:

Edited by doppeljr
  • Like 3

As a member of this staff, I can say that you are very incorrect. There are no new Brigs that haven't been on the staff for years.

Sorry to cut through with some truth, but this can all be verified on this same message board.

How about this idea, come to the show this weekend and buy a ticket. You can see all of the corps and provide your opinions on what you see that night, as opposed to what is being written on this satirical message board.

You might enjoy that more.

Hope to see you there. :tounge2:

buy me a plane ticket and i'm there. i live in florida. i didn't say they were new brigs . they were brigs. and i'm not putting reading down. and if you think i believe what certain posters have to say well i don't. and when you have a corps director change that is huge. but whatever. sorry i ruffled your feathers. not my intent.

Edited by donincardona

Don, I believe you are correct. I know nothing about the Brigs connection, however. But, should this matter? Can this corps, or any other corps overcome such challenge, and be rewarded for what they bring to the table by the end of the season? We'll soon see, but what do you think, Don?

i think that yes they can. but it is a challenge. and i don't care what anybody says. you can prepare for changes but the changes are what make it hard. so we have a bucs staff member whieghing in saying how wrong i am. well the scores and placements prove i'm right.

I've said it before....

The Buccaneers don't rebuild... they reload. LOL

It's just taken them a bit longer to do so this season.

And let's give credit to the Caballeros here, for putting a product on the field that has, for all intents and purposes, forced the Bucs to play catchup for the first time in a very long time.

Based on those Scranton scores, it appears the Bucs have taken on the challenge.

But the corps from Hawthorne and the corps from Reading both have decades-long track records of working very hard and never quitting. So... this should be a very interesting two weekends coming up!!!

And let's not forget Minnesota Brass... the only corps not from Reading with a DCA Open Class title since 2004.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3