Best non-winners.....2nd, 3rd, and 4th

I completely forgot about Cavaliers 2010...maybe that's just me though..

I personally think the Cavies were overscored that year...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BD 1984 was #### good. Such cleanliness and power in the hornline, and such lovely jazz.

Also, Star 1990. Their drumline may have been average, but their brass line was GOD incarnate, and the drill spectacular.

• Like 1

78 Phantom was robbed!

I have to agree. I always see 79 as the year they were really robbed, but 79 is one of my all time favorite shows, so I'm probably biased. However, it has been suggested before that the weakest champion was 1978 SCV and even Pete Emmons who was an SCV instructor at the time and a cohost of the finals broadcast was surprised they won.

1978 Phantom is what got me hooked on drum corps. They should have won. SCV had better arrangements, but they were Clam Central - just awful playing. Somebody or another in the sopranos missed every high note they went for, throughout the show. That wins a trophy? I want a recount.

• Like 1

I personally think the Cavies were overscored that year...

I don't.

They were night and day from where they were at the beginning of the season when I saw them, Cadets, and Crown in Chesapeake at the 3C's competition.

Light years better, and easily one of the best packages in 2010 along with Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Phantom Regiment.

I kinda get that you don't care for The Cavaliers though. IF I were to guess, my guess is that you saw the Blue Devils for the first time in person in 2010 at the Fairfax show,and it was a great experience for you, but I'm seeing an anti Cavalier bias from you.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Thank you! We certainly tried!

Don't get me wrong - I do think that Garfield deserved to win, with its INSANE General Effect. But the BD line that year was probably the best ever.

I don't.

They were night and day from where they were at the beginning of the season when I saw them, Cadets, and Crown in Chesapeake at the 3C's competition.

Light years better, and easily one of the best packages in 2010 along with Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Phantom Regiment.

I kinda get that you don't care for The Cavaliers though. IF I were to guess, my guess is that you saw the Blue Devils for the first time in person in 2010 at the Fairfax show,and it was a great experience for you, but I'm seeing an anti Cavalier bias from you.

Haha you think? He's a phantom homer in disguise. Probably just angry they lost the backyard brawl. Edited by Anstig

1987 BD had hands down the best percussion by a mile. SCV should have won gold.

I really like 2005 Cavaliers.

2001 should have been a 3 way tie BD was great.

I still think BD/SCV tie in 99 was the right call.

I also think PR deserved the win in 08.