Chuck Naffier available!?

According to Chuck, he is no longer going to write for Cossmen? Why would they NOT want him. He has led them to 2 finals in the past 3 years. His arrangements rock! Why change when it has worked? I am a Crossmen honk but this is confusing to me! I thought he did an outstanding job and a good person at that. Maybe he is going to focus on his alma mater with the Colts ?? Such a loss for Cossmen

I just checked both his and the Crossmen's Facebook pages. Nothing as yet has been posted on either one.

Well, he does post here on DCP. Maybe he will answer the question himself. Maybe he wants to keep his reasons private. Maybe it's not true at all. This is DCP after all.

Chuck confirms on his FB.

One positive comment and one negative comment:

Positive: Chuck is by far and away the highest skill and most well listened brass arrangers I've had the pleasure of working with.

Negative: Not the first time we've witnessed a questionable choice from the TXmen.

I'm pretty sure he's doing the Colts again!!! :) So there's that.

• Like 1

As a Crossmen fan, makes me feel a little sad...

• Like 1

As a Crossmen fan, makes me feel a little sad...

Wouldn't mind seeing him head to the third coast.

So much for staff consistency! I think It is a big mistake If it was Crossmen's decision ! Make top 12 2 out of the last 3 years and you make a staff change? Old saying don't fix it if it is not broke. I will be curious on who they bring in. Also I believe that Chuck was part of the design team. So I hope an announcement will not be month's in coming.

• Like 1

I don't know why Chuck is moving on from the Crossmen, nor is it really any of my business...

But IMO, in the past few years with him doing the arranging, the corps once again had that "Crossmen sound" after a few years of kinda wandering in the wilderness, for lack of a better phrase.

We'll see where things go from here.