Boerma's Back at Madison!

Robert W. Smith was integral to pulling the corps through some potentially dark times, as was Jim Mason.

And now it's time to move forward again.

As the person Scott asked to break the news about the departure of himself and others some years back, I'm delighted to see him back with Scouts...and Scouts back with him.

A strong Madison Scouts is good for ALL of drum corps.

• Like 9

Funny how Spirit of Atlanta isn't mentioned anywhere in his bio. He was only there, what, 7 years?

With all due respect, the press release is not his bio. It's a press release about his Madison Scouts involvement and collegiate duties. You can see his full bio at www.madisonmusicworks.com.

Robert W. Smith was integral to pulling the corps through some potentially dark times, as was Jim Mason.

And now it's time to move forward again.

As the person Scott asked to break the news about the departure of himself and others some years back, I'm delighted to see him back with Scouts...and Scouts back with him.

A strong Madison Scouts is good for ALL of drum corps.

Well said

Please do not do Part Tres unless you've got championship caliber corps talent and screamers. I don't want to hear a mediocre "ending" to the trilogy.

That said, if they get Taras Nahirniak back and do Pirates of Lake Mendota 2 or something I would be totally fine with that. Go all loosely-based-on-Of Sailors and Whales and have it about the cursed pirate king or something.

Edit: On another note... he's at Western Michigan now? I figured he'd still be at M*chigan.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 1

Of course, Scott was the arranger for the Sal Salas era...shows that weren't universally loved. So, a lot still depends on what he's asked to arrange (Scott Stewart as Artistic Director, anyone? Kidding...mostly).

That being said, I'm thrilled that Scott is back where he belongs. I marched with Spirit before Madison. Freddy Martin was my brass instructor in high school. I love Spirit. But, Boerma just never felt right, to me, there.

Edited by MaestroBen