Boerma's Back at Madison!

I think they changed slightly year to year. Looking back it seems you're kinda right about them. They used the same jackets with different gauntlets. Strange how they made such a big difference in uniform in my memory though, especially for 03-04.

03 was mostly green with white gauntlets.

04 was the same jacket/pants combo with red accented gauntlets.

05 was new jackets, aussies, and guantlets with silver half fleurs.

Regardless, that many changes just sticks out in my mind simply due to the amount of financial trouble Madison had to dig themselves out of from 07 onward. 06 especially was a headscratcher.

Yes I think this is correct. I think 2006 or 2007 was the first year of the "playing and moving non-judged warmup timed with announcer". Madison started out the season concluding that opening section by turning towards the backfield, but sometime midseason made the very good choice of making it part of the judged program and turning towards the audience. It's one of my favorite openings they've ever done, especially with all the singing. Just one of those "I have no idea how this is cool, but it definitely is" things. That was an Alanis Morissette tune too!

The uniform was the same from 2010-2011 and mostly the same from 2008-2009.

Just to correct....that would be Robert W. Smith.

That's what I get for posting after midnight...

Do you know this for a fact or are you simply making an assumption?

It depends on what your interpretation of "expenses" are, but yes I feel like any sort of uniform addition year-to-year is going to cost you some amount of money. I suppose I'm also assuming they actually had to pay for them and it wasn't covered via sponsorship deal or something. Though it should be noted I'm fairly cheap and would probably keep the same uniforms for a long time before moving on, so these changes just seem unnecessary to me especially.

03 was brand new everything

04 had new gauntlets

05 had new jackets, gauntlets, and hats

06 had brand new everything

So 2 brand new sets, 3 different jackets, and 4 different gauntlets.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

It depends on what your interpretation of "expenses" are, but yes I feel like any sort of uniform addition year-to-year is going to cost you some amount of money. I suppose I'm also assuming they actually had to pay for them and it wasn't covered via sponsorship deal or something. Though it should be noted I'm fairly cheap and would probably keep the same uniforms for a long time before moving on, so these changes just seem unnecessary to me especially.

04 had new gauntlets

Well actually they did have a sponsorship deal...named Michael Cesario and FJM.

Well actually they did have a sponsorship deal...named Michael Cesario and FJM.

Well considering all the financial troubles they were in during 06-07, was it really a deal? Or did they "pay" for the uniforms by paying Cesario and Salas?

I honestly don't know. But I'd be extremely hesitant to say that they got those unis for "free" through a sponsorship deal. Someone was getting paid somewhere. That financial trouble didn't just appear out of thin air.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

04 had new gauntlets

The uniforms weren't the money drain, not hardly.

I heard stories about the financial troubles in 06 & 06 under this regime...& lets just say that there was some extravagance that was disturbing & disgusting. I will leave it at that.

• Like 2

Well considering all the financial troubles they were in during 06-07, was it really a deal? Or did they "pay" for the uniforms by paying Cesario and Salas?

I honestly don't know. But I'd be extremely hesitant to say that they got those unis for "free" through a sponsorship deal. Someone was getting paid somewhere. That financial trouble didn't just appear out of thin air.

I think you should be extremely hesitant to suggest the accusations you did. I think it unfair for you to suggest that Cesario and/or Salas were being "paid" for the uniforms. What do you base your accusation on? Facts or baseless DCP conjecture?