Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

For those that may wish to audition for the 75th Edition of the Boston Crusaders...

Registration is Now Open! Next year is our 75th anniversary and will be the summer of a lifetime! We have some very special events planned that we will be announcing over the next few months! If you or someone you know has what it takes, visit www.joinbostoncrusaders.com for more information. 2015 AUDITION DATES:
Round 1
  • Boston University - Boston, MA (Dec 6th - 7th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
  • Indianapolis, IN (Nov 22nd - 23rd) - Guard Only
  • Florida (Nov 28th - 30th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
  • Texas (Nov 28th - 30th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
Round 2
  • Florida (January 2nd - 4th) - Brass/Percussion
  • April (April 24th - 26th) - Guard

Anyone know the line up for BAC 75th show 2015.

Edited by emc2

Not sure,but one would surmise that they will have several top 10 corps (TOC?).

I doubt they'll have "several" top 10 corps, unless DCI agree's to allow them a TOC show and if they got a TOC show, when would BAC go on? What was the line up at Madisons anniversary show? Cadets? Maybe it will be similar. Lastly, for emc2, I think line ups aren't determined until the fall/winter meetings. There are a few months before anyone would know the line ups for a number of reasons: venues, sponsors, continuing shows, shows ended, etc., etc. Much, if any, of that wouldn't be known at this time.

Is there any update on corps staff? Lentz is gone, who else? Saw an earlier note that there was about to be a change in brass staff?

Is there any update on corps staff? Lentz is gone, who else? Saw an earlier note that there was about to be a change in brass staff?

Maybe that's why M. Lentz is still listed on the corps site. If there are more changes, do over the corps site once.

Not sure,but one would surmise that they will have several top 10 corps (TOC?).

I think you will see great slates at both CYO and the July 2nd show at Gillette. Two likely competitors will be Cadets and Surf since both usually appear in at least one BAC show each summer. Crown loves New England in July, at least according to Crown staff and volunteers, so I'd expect them in the Gillette show. Madison for me would be a shoe-in. Bluecoats cannot help but feel the Boston area love but I wonder if we'll them for a third year in a row. I would love to see SCV and Blue Devils in Foxboro but it would be very early in the season and it would mean missing their own shows, so if we see them it will be at CYO. Crossmen has close ties with BAC historically, so we are bound to see them at one or the other, the same with Troopers. Cavies are do a trip to the Boston area.

Regarding a TOC show, regardless of the politics involved, July 2nd is too early for a show as far east Boston. Since BAC was rather vocal about the G7 proposal and was excluded from TOC shows the year following their 7th place finish, I'm not sure a TOC show is likely.

I doubt they'll have "several" top 10 corps, unless DCI agree's to allow them a TOC show and if they got a TOC show, when would BAC go on? What was the line up at Madisons anniversary show? Cadets? Maybe it will be similar. Lastly, for emc2, I think line ups aren't determined until the fall/winter meetings. There are a few months before anyone would know the line ups for a number of reasons: venues, sponsors, continuing shows, shows ended, etc., etc. Much, if any, of that wouldn't be known at this time.

I would think DCI would go along with BAC plans and help out. One of the biggest crowds at a major DCI event in Boston 2005. July 4th week is also great time to have Drum corps in New England.

July 4th week is also great time to have Drum corps in New England.

Plus the corps do well. Not too many miles to travel between two or three shows and they can earn additional income by splitting up the corps and hit several parades. Everybody wins.