Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

For those that may wish to audition for the 75th Edition of the Boston Crusaders...

Registration is Now Open! Next year is our 75th anniversary and will be the summer of a lifetime! We have some very special events planned that we will be announcing over the next few months! If you or someone you know has what it takes, visit www.joinbostoncrusaders.com for more information. 2015 AUDITION DATES:

Round 1

• Boston University - Boston, MA (Dec 6th - 7th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
  • Indianapolis, IN (Nov 22nd - 23rd) - Guard Only
  • Florida (Nov 28th - 30th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
  • Texas (Nov 28th - 30th) - Brass/Percussion/Guard
Round 2
  • Florida (January 2nd - 4th) - Brass/Percussion
  • April (April 24th - 26th) - Guard
OK so we are now only 10 weeks away from the first audition weekend and about 5 weeks removed from Finals. Where is BAC at, at this point? What staff changes have been made; confirmed not rumored? How many MM's have aged out? More importantly how many MM's are retained/returning? Has there been any progress on a show for next year. Several DCP'rs have suggested shows. Some suggestions for a tribute type show others for a mixed show. I for one would love to see the 75th anniversary show be a continued progression from 2014. Complex, dark, edgy, progressive (for BAC) with slight, very slight, call back to their heritage. Subtle Conquest references; last year's was more than a reference and was actually quite nice to hear. BAC needs to show they are committed to moving the dial forward. However, the design staff needs to have a better understanding on the MM's capabilities and ability to achieve the execution required of a difficult show. Design wise I don't think anyone would disagree they overreached. I also feel from comments I read here and what I saw of the Indy quaters performance, that although the wer cleaner, they wer still a ways away from being UNQUESTIONABLY cleanr

Sorry for a premature submission of my reply. To continue, There is no doubt BAC was cleaner in Indy. They could have been even cleaner had the tech staff (IMO) been provided more dedicated cleaning time and a bit less time on "enhancing". Adding to the show, didn't pay off nearly as much as being cleaner would have. And I don't know that it would be limited to visual. All that being said I have a good feeling for BAC for next year and am looking forward to an exciting show that brings all the elements from 2014 to the field once again with a litte more simpler in your face production. I look forward to all the winter progress reports.

They could have been even cleaner had the tech staff (IMO) been provided more dedicated cleaning time and a bit less time on "enhancing". Adding to the show, didn't pay off nearly as much as being cleaner would have. I look forward to all the winter progress reports.

One might wonder how the overall show would have done if the triangle block could have been cleaned.

One might wonder how the overall show would have done if the triangle block could have been cleaned.

It comes down to the simple fact that you don't get credit for attempt...and the biggest problem I saw in the show was individual interval issues( this show was crazy hard and fast)...although this improved immensely throughout the season I think it remained the achilles heel in the end...putting blame on members is not in order here though...perhaps maybe a little over designed....demand did not get its due which was obvious...I tend to wonder if the really dark uniforms( completely black top to bottom with horns up) contributed to this visually dirt as well...drill was fairly clean but just not sharp/crisp...

• Like 1

Boston got the score and placement this season that was right, imo. it was a TOP 10 production, but not a TOP 7 Production. The show was edgy, dark, and different from what we usually get from Boston. The demand visually was off the charts, and it looked to me that the marchers struggled mightily to execute it, and that hurt their ability to max out its potential. The theme itself was also a bit confusing, and I struggled ( and perhaps others did as well) fully grasping a coherent thread of messaging beyond the G7 thing which was ballsy and all, but left the totality of the communication of the overall theme a mixed bag at best. But 2014 was a season where a lot of Corps did uplifting, bright, cheery shows. BAC's show was different for sure. I like variety and diversity, so BAC's show added the TOP 12 offerings a needed contrast with their particular 2014 offering. It'll be interesting to see who BAC brings in to write their 2015 show, and what the new BAC Show Designer has in store for us fans.

• Like 1

It comes down to the simple fact that you don't get credit for attempt...and the biggest problem I saw in the show was individual interval issues( this show was crazy hard and fast)...although this improved immensely throughout the season I think it remained the achilles heel in the end...putting blame on members is not in order here though...perhaps maybe a little over designed....demand did not get its due which was obvious...I tend to wonder if the really dark uniforms( completely black top to bottom with horns up) contributed to this visually dirt as well...drill was fairly clean but just not sharp/crisp...

Right on the button Liahona. I was think after reading this post that it was not any single thing but maybe a number of things at different contribution levels (I guess would be how to describe it) that factored in to the less than expected result. But overall I still got the sense not enough time was deciated to cleanig the show at the level this particular show design required for it to get is maximum value (whatever that may have been). I would have loved to have attended rehearsals to see how the staff worked on the cleaning of the show. I have my own thoughts I'll keep tp myself but I think there was missed opportunity here. No matter at this point. Onward with all our support. So is it accurate that there is departing staff from the Visual team?

Boston got the score and placement this season that was right, imo. it was a TOP 10 production, but not a TOP 7 Production. The show was edgy, dark, and different from what we usually get from Boston. The demand visually was off the charts, and it looked to me that the marchers struggled mightily to execute it, and that hurt their ability to max out its potential. The theme itself was also a bit confusing, and I struggled ( and perhaps others did as well) fully grasping a coherent thread of messaging beyond the G7 thing which was ballsy and all, but left the totality of the communication of the overall theme a mixed bag at best. But 2014 was a season where a lot of Corps did uplifting, bright, cheery shows. BAC's show was different for sure. I like variety and diversity, so BAC's show added the TOP 12 offerings a needed contrast with their particular 2014 offering. It'll be interesting to see who BAC brings in to write their 2015 show, and what the new BAC Show Designer has in store for us fans.

I think you are right about the confusing message (I'll not use other words that some of your fan club on another thread have done today). and it confirms my thoughts that it was a number of things culminating in an inability to acheive in the execution of the program and the show design itself. If the program needed the amount of explanation so late in the season that it got, then the designers may have overestimated their communication level of design from the outset. Just my opinion.

I think you are right about the confusing message (I'll not use other words that some of your fan club on another thread have done today). and it confirms my thoughts that it was a number of things culminating in an inability to acheive in the execution of the program and the show design itself. If the program needed the amount of explanation so late in the season that it got, then the designers may have overestimated their communication level of design from the outset. Just my opinion.

I think your additional assessment observations on their 2014 Corps and Design , from my perspective, is an accurate assessment of them too.

I think your additional assessment observations on their 2014 Corps and Design , from my perspective, is an accurate assessment of them too.

Looking at 013 vs 014. GE total (.650) down. vis total (.250) down, only increase from 013 was vis prof .300. Music total (.500) down. Biggest down caption vis guard (.700) and music analysis (.700)which was interesting. IMO the music (music selection in part) bother me more than the drill. The person that wrote the the drill was the same person that did the drill in 06 cathedrals of the mind. Their lowest score sense 08 Neocosmos over the past several years. It was interesting looking DCI top 12 camera clips of all the corps (faster than making a pot of coffee). IMO 014 is gone still no changes and IMO BAC was a top 5 show.