Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

I didn't feel like digging up the BAC 2014 thread so I thought I'd post it here: I've been listening to their 2014 show a lot lately and I'm finding it to be somewhere in my top 3 favorite shows of 2014. The show has so much energy and power (the hornline had some really amazing moments like the major hit before the scatterset and ballad) and came off really well by finals (even though the visual dirt left a bit more to be desired). You can tell the corps was really into it. I'm really excited to see what they do in their 75th and as someone who has never really shown appreciation for this corps, I wish them luck next year breaking into the top 7!

I listened through the season yesterday again on the ride into town and BAC's show stood out for me too. Lots of dark energy and good nits. The ballad was very evocative as well, particularly the dynamics range as they built the mood to the construction of the three member-tall windmill. I saw their show first blush at Ft. Wayne and absolutely loved the music.

One of the things I have learned regarding Boston Crusaders over the years is the more someone "knows" about what the next year's show will be, the less they actually do, and those who do know are pretty tight lipped. Most years it seems as if details from BAC come somewhat late, and usually this does not bother me since in general, I find that with most corps, what they announce and what we see are usually two very different things. BAC does drop hints from time to time. I seem to remember hearing about the choice of music for 2012 around this time, but the theme came at a later time.

While I haven't picked up any FB hints just yet, I do know volunteers and alums seem pretty optimistic about next year. While this is to be expected with an anniversary year approaching, and likewise it's only natural to hear these same people promise a show we will never forget, but there seems to be a game plan and confidence.

For sure, and you can typically apply that logic to many discussions. In the brilliant film DO THE RIGHT THING, there's a character (Da Mayor, played by the legend Ossie Davis) with a pertinent quote: "Doctor - those that'll tell, don't know, and those that know don't tell."

• Like 1

BAC new web/FB site looks cool. check it out. To all have a great Xmass/holidays.

New web site is nice. Any news about their 75 and still alive music?

Not yet.

Congrats to Ellis Hampton now Doctor Ellis Hampton. Drum line looks awesome and great showing for the 1st audition.

• 2 weeks later...