Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

At Ashburnham with BAC; what a great sound. Over all, show much different than the rest. Color on the field just great.

I always get a chuckle from that name. It was at the most unfortunately named Ashburnham House in the U.K. that many classical and medieval manuscripts, some existing in only one copy, were lost in a 1731 fire. The sole manuscript of Beowulf was only barely saved.

• Like 1

There are pics from last night's Community Performance on BAC's FB page....including the awesome new guard uniforms. Since I lack the computer savvy to be able to grab those pics and post them here, would one of you guys do it?

The guard is a bit blurry in this photo...

11078256_917288108315133_454599326845165

• Like 1

I always get a chuckle from that name. It was at the most unfortunately named Ashburnham House in the U.K. that many classical and medieval manuscripts, some existing in only one copy, were lost in a 1731 fire. The sole manuscript of Beowulf was only barely saved.

To the dismay of high school students everywhere!

On BAC face book you can see BAC guards new uniforms very cool. They all so looked great on the field last night, nice colors. Great guard this year as well. .

I just posted these in the uniform thread...but I'll re-post here as well...

#BACCG

11423750_917587308285213_773649694021797

1537458_917587284951882_3212636158281297

11059631_917587304951880_493981318070526

• Like 2

I'm the Director/Producer of the documentary feature "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood." Steve Damon, an alum of the Boston Crusaders, has setup a screening of our film to happen at the Cinema De Lux at Patriot Place in Foxboro, at 1pm before the 75th Anniversary Gala and the live DCI show, the East Coast Classic at Gillette Stadium.

This is a "crowd driven" screening and will only happen if enough tickets are pre-sold by a deadline; that way it's no cost to the person that requests it. Currently 51 tickets have been pre-ordered, but 23 more need to be purchased by tomorrow, June 19th at 3pm (EST). If we don't hit that ticket quota then the screening is cancelled.

We've had 20 of these crowd driven screenings across the United States, screened in 4 film festivals and won 3 awards. While most drum corps documentaries haven't worked well for general audiences, we've struck the balance of not dumbing down the subject matter for the hardcore fan, yet we've made it completely accessible for an outsider. There have been young people who've seen the film who have left the theater and signed up to join their high school marching band and others who've gone on to audition for a DCI corps.

We all know how hard it is to describe what drum corps is to an outsider. Our film takes that challenge away, plus it's meant to be experiences in a movie theater because not only did we record many of the live performances in 5.1 surround sound, but they were mixed by Academy Award winning Re-Recording Mixer, Gary Rizzo at Skywalker Sound. This may be the best audio reproduction that you've heard of a live drum corps performance.

Yes, the movie features the Madison Scouts, but members, alumni, staff from many corps including: the Blue Devils, Velvet Knights, Bluecoats, Glassmen, Cavaliers, Minnesota Brass, Crossmen, (you name the corps). etc. have seen our film and praised us on how we truly nailed the experience, and also how we didn't sugar coat it. Still have doubts? Read the user reviews on our IMDb page.

Here is the ticket link for the Foxboro screening: http://gathr.us/screening/11113 and the movie trailer: https://youtu.be/TQeQDbRbRt0

Anything you can do to get the word out would be truly appreciated. Thank you!

Mac Smith - Director/Producer "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood"

FoxboroGraphic01smallest.jpg

• Like 2

I think this is a great thing this documentary but I would have to respectfully decline committing to it on the day we celebrate the 75th year of the Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps. It is something that I believe requires my total focus and appreciation of everything this organization has endured or these many years and has persevered to be in the position the corps deserves to be in. Nothing against the Madison organization but I will have one corps on my mind that day. Kind of like when my son graduates high school. Lots of great kids also graduating but I don't care about them that day. Only one kid on my mind. But good luck though. I'm sure there will be many other drum corps fans interested in the film. Me, Imight see it another time. It does sound pretty cool. Thanks for doing it.

• Like 3