Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

I never complain about scores. First of all, complaining about judges' numbers, or order of appearance, or regionals seeding doesn't change a thing. Secondly, I prefer to leave the whining to other people.

The numbers will continue to grow as the performance grows. There are a lot of great drum corps this season. They are all improving. We just have to do what we know how to do and everything else will take care of itself.

• Like 2

Liahona these are facts off of planet . Not complaining about anything. Just frustrated and I know how hard these great kids are working.

I understand how you feel and your dedication to the corps is admirable...No sense in getting frustrated over things you cannot control...but I do hear your passion about it...

So where does Boston go from here? They have 7 shows left before quarters in Indy. They have a lot of off days where they can clean. Will they clean or add? Will they add through Atlanta and then only clean from there? What is a strategy for Boston ( any corps for that matter)at this point in their schedules? How critical is their score in Atlanta to prove significant performance inprovment and stay with their tier pack? Can they catch Madison? They have been known to make a late season surge although most recenlty the surge hasn't been all that much, if at all. I have faith. Much more faith in BAC than I have in the Red Sox.

• Like 5

How critical is their score in Atlanta to prove significant performance inprovment and stay with their tier pack? Can they catch Madison?

Very critical. The previous four years the corps broke 80 either July 18th (1) or 19th (3). After 10 scores in the 70's, they're still waiting to hit 80. I was hoping they would catch Phantom, but would settle for Madison for now. That's why this alumni prays they do very well in GA. There is room in several captions to improve the achievement scores, so if there are additions, get 'em on the field now. A-town would be too late from my keyboard for major changes. ATD (attention to detail), especially in the marching area, (since that helps captions), is important. Time to conquer a corps or two in front of them which is doable. Can't wait to join their tour on the 30th and watch the excitement with the mm as they end their year.

We also shouldn't forget that in the past several years, the prospective top 3 or 4 corps had broken 90 by now, which nobody has done either this year so far. Apparently, DCI judges are keeping the lid on longer this summer, probably to avoid a 99.65 at finals again this year. I do think, however, that BAC will most like break an 80 by this Saturday....just a gut feeling.

We also shouldn't forget that in the past several years, the prospective top 3 or 4 corps had broken 90 by now, which nobody has done either this year so far. Apparently, DCI judges are keeping the lid on longer this summer, probably to avoid a 99.65 at finals again this year. I do think, however, that BAC will most like break an 80 by this Saturday....just a gut feeling.

With some down time for the corps Craiga, you're gut should be correct.

Very critical. The previous four years the corps broke 80 either July 18th (1) or 19th (3). After 10 scores in the 70's, they're still waiting to hit 80. I was hoping they would catch Phantom, but would settle for Madison for now. That's why this alumni prays they do very well in GA. There is room in several captions to improve the achievement scores, so if there are additions, get 'em on the field now. A-town would be too late from my keyboard for major changes. ATD (attention to detail), especially in the marching area, (since that helps captions), is important. Time to conquer a corps or two in front of them which is doable. Can't wait to join their tour on the 30th and watch the excitement with the mm as they end their year.

I'm not sure they can conquer a corps or two ahead of them just yet, but if they can, that would be tremendous. At the very least, closing the gap that has opened up would be pretty telling that the show is coming together. They'll need to stay ahead of Blue Stars tonight and gain ground on Madison. I believe you are right about having changes in place by Allentown. They cannot be tinkering after that. All changes need to be in place and being worked between now and mid week next week, so they can see them in live performance in Quincy, before they get to Allentown.

Wasn't aware that the traffic around Atlanta can be brutal on a Saturday afternoon. Twenty-eight miles in 11.5 hours, plus a penalty for not showing up! (Love the humor.)

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders/photos/a.555497367827544.1073741831.146636528713632/934562243254386/?type=1&theater

Edited by Ghost

I really like some of the changes that have been put in place over the past few weeks. Excited to see BAC tonight on the Atlanta webcast!

• Like 1

Does anyone know the location and dates that the Crusaders will be in town for the show on the 31st in Quincy ?

TY