Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

gs7ic2wh9yrbjmvzg.jpg

Glad to see much more RED...I'm just wondering though how it will look with horns up...anyway..found this awesome photo on dci.org and thought I'd share it here...

gs7ic2wh9yrbjmvzg.jpg

Glad to see much more RED...I'm just wondering though how it will look with horns up...anyway..found this awesome photo on dci.org and thought I'd share it here...

Their are few different colors red, green, blue purple capes. Horn/drums black, sliver and red. The props you see on the field are 12' high with different colors banners. You see one in the above pics back ground (Waldo one). You are going to love the color's on the field this year.

• Like 1

There will be some that find offense by this, I'm sure, but I don't care. BAC participated in the Boston PRIDE Parade a few days ago. I commend them for taking a stand for what's right. I don't know that any other group in the activity has every actually openly supported gay rights.

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo4_500.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo1_1280.jpg

Bravo, BAC!

• Like 1

There will be some that find offense by this, I'm sure, but I don't care. BAC participated in the Boston PRIDE Parade a few days ago. I commend them for taking a stand for what's right. I don't know that any other group in the activity has every actually openly supported gay rights.

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo4_500.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npyqqrwyWO1uwd26zo1_1280.jpg

It might have had to do with a fee earned more than any social beliefs.

Edited by Ghost

It might have had to do with a fee earned more than any social beliefs.

Maybe, maybe not. But I certainly can't think of any other corps that have marched in PRIDE parades before.

How much did BAC receive for marching in the parade? I commend them for doing this.

Their are few different colors red, green, blue purple capes. Horn/drums black, sliver and red. The props you see on the field are 12' high with different colors banners. You see one in the above pics back ground (Waldo one). You are going to love the color's on the field this year.

Boston's show last season was very edgy, and I did like that, but the color palatte was just soso, imo. 'Looking forward to seeing what you are telling us, emc2.

Well Ghost, coming off of 2 incredibly successful fund raisers Concert in the Park (corporate) and the Spring Fling (alumni & friends) both raising over a combined $200,000 there was a question of giving up more rehearsal time. The Mayor personally asked that the Boston Crusaders to be his official Drum Corps for the parade. The Corps leadership didn't hesitate to proudly represent the City. Reading post from the members, it appears that participating in the Pride parade was viewed as one of the most fun and proud performances many of the members could recall.

• Like 5

Thank you GC. Looks like this documentary will be a great way to start my day even earlier for the BAC 75th. Let's hope others will be willing to arrive at 12:45PM instead of 2PM.

Thank you very much, and we completely understand for those of you who don't want to attend the documentary that we made featuring the Madison Scouts before the gala. It makes sense to us. We think this is a great opportunity for people who don't understand drum corps to get a primer about not only what the activity is, but how meaningful it can be.

We are down to the wire without about 5 hours left to presell 22 tickets, so anything you can do to get the word out for us would be fantastic. If we don't reach our ticket minimum then the screening will be cancelled. If we do reach it, then tickets will remain on sale until the screening happens, or until it sells out, but online only. No tickets are sold at the theater for these screenings.

Here is the ticket event link for our screening: http://gathr.us/screening/11113

Thanks again!

Mac