Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

So, this may supply some context: During my last visit to BAC (which was one week ago today), I noticed the brass staff frequently referencing "listening levels" and "playing levels" using a numeric scale...."hornline, these bars crescendo up to a 8 and back down to a 5" etc. In addition, I heard repeatedly the brass staff say something like "this will be a 5 this week, but will be an 8 or 9 next month".

I'm not expert on this, but I've watched this new brass staff in action, and they definitely have their act together. I trust them completely,

And Anstig, just so you know, many of this new BAC brass staff come from the Cavaliers of a decade ago. :satisfied:

• Like 2

So, this may supply some context: During my last visit to BAC (which was one week ago today), I noticed the brass staff frequently referencing "listening levels" and "playing levels" using a numeric scale...."hornline, these bars crescendo up to a 8 and back down to a 5" etc. In addition, I heard repeatedly the brass staff say something like "this will be a 5 this week, but will be an 8 or 9 next month".

I'm not expert on this, but I've watched this new brass staff in action, and they definitely have their act together. I trust them completely,

And Anstig, just so you know, many of this new BAC brass staff come from the Cavaliers of a decade ago. :satisfied:

I would be surprised if this wasn't the case. I am curious to know what they define as a 5 or an 8. Last night nothing sounded higher than what I would personally consider a 4.

I would be surprised if this wasn't the case. I am curious to know what they define as a 5 or an 8. Last night nothing sounded higher than what I would personally consider a

Possibly, like many corps, the staff is taking their time to build the volume for indoor success.

CrownPhan, I wasn't at the show, so I have no cause to dispute what you say.

But I wonder, if some corps are already maxing out on volume on June 20th, and Boston is admittedly at half volume while they focus on timing and intonation responsibilities, where do they go a month from now? Interesting thought...at least to me.

Do you make any posts that don't have to relate to the cavies?

In the lot and in the stands it sounded like they (horns) were playing safe. They were doing volume and went from 1-7 when I assume they max out at 10. To much singing for my taste. Just my . $.02 from last night.

Well why wouldn't I talk mostly about the best corpse in dci?

Well why wouldn't I talk mostly about the best corpse in dci?

Please start a thread just for voting who folks feel is the best corps (not corpse) in DCI. Be sure to include what the parameters are.

Do you guys not realize this is part of Anstig's whole "thing"?

• Like 1

CrownPhan, I wasn't at the show, so I have no cause to dispute what you say.

But I wonder, if some corps are already maxing out on volume on June 20th, and Boston is admittedly at half volume while they focus on timing and intonation responsibilities, where do they go a month from now? Interesting thought...at least to me.

What I find to be the case is that what corps like Crown are putting out volume-wise now isn't even close to what they will put out in August. The only corps that I notice seems maxed out in June consistently are the Cadets. By August the hornline falls flat because I have seem little development throughout the season. (I know I will get flayed by the Boltons...I mean, Cadets fans...for that.)

Edited by Crown Phan
  • Like 1

Do you guys not realize this is part of Anstig's whole "thing"?

It's a slow Sunday. Women's World Cup match is at half-time and the Sox (as in Red) are not on yet and we've had more rain in the last 12 hours or so than I'll see in nine months back home.