Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

It used ot be a tradition of BAC BITD to one at a time come up to the starting line, set yourself then crack to parade rest (buckle and grunt). To do that now, in keeping with "tradition", it could take a half hour to get the corps on the field.

Years ago, the BAC DM would try to arrive out front for retreat after the other DM's had arrived so they would be at the end of the line up. When other DM's started doing the same thing, the announcement of caption awards (if any) and scores were delayed.

Edited by Ghost

Tradition should be respected by those that represent the activity - especially from its leaders.

SAYS WHO? The best leaders I've encountered have zero respect for tradition. Want to know why? Because the only tradition worth having is a tradition of excellence.

If someone doesn't like it, then resolve the matter off the field and do it the right way.
Because BAC has so much influence on the Troopers retreat etiquette.
I'm not big on the slow retreat either, but it's part of the time-honored tradition of the Troopers and drum corps.
So is not making finals, ridiculous show themes, and carrying around things that look like guns on school grounds. To say that the Troopers aren't the best decision makers in the activity would be an understatement.
  • Like 1

For anyone still concerned about the apparent breach of protocol by the BAC DMs allegedly "sprinting" out to retreat at the Pittsburg show in front of the Troopers DM, the word has come from an unimpeachable source that the contest coordinator told the Boston guys to go in order to move things along. Apparently the Troopers DM had no issues with it, so there is no controversy.

Besides, I thought the Troopers DMS liked to go in last.....

Oh well. Case closed. Nothing to see here.

We're on to Muncie! :)

SAYS WHO? The best leaders I've encountered have zero respect for tradition. Want to know why? Because the only tradition worth having is a tradition of excellence.

Because BAC has so much influence on the Troopers retreat etiquette.

So is not making finals, ridiculous show themes, and carrying around things that look like guns on school grounds. To say that the Troopers aren't the best decision makers in the activity would be an understatement.

LOL. I don't think you're being as respectful as you could be, but #### if that last bit didn't make me laugh my ### off...

How soon craiga will the banners make it to the field?

Ghost they are going to put a light system on the top of all the props and turn the hole field red with waldoes. :cool:

For anyone still concerned about the apparent breach of protocol by the BAC DMs allegedly "sprinting" out to retreat at the Pittsburg show in front of the Troopers DM, the word has come from an unimpeachable source that the contest coordinator told the Boston guys to go in order to move things along. Apparently the Troopers DM had no issues with it, so there is no controversy.

Besides, I thought the Troopers DMS liked to go in last.....

Oh well. Case closed. Nothing to see here.

We're on to Muncie! :)

At least we enjoyed some spirited discussion!