Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

DCI is growing so exponentially, and its performances and culture so enrapture TV executives and advertisers everywhere on all the 600 TV channels, that the last thing DCI needs to do is to be like all the other sports on these channels that respect the games traditions. DCI needs to do exactly as it is doing. This way, its performers will get to perform live at Finals before 8,000 people and the few others others can watch at home on their personal computers in their basements or dens in a subscription pay per view format with DCI.. DCI does not need to cherish its past. It hasn't anyway. It soon may not have a future, let alone a past, anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platitude

There are so many false platitudes in that, I don't even know where to start a meaningful discussion with you.

• Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platitude

There are so many false platitudes in that, I don't even know where to start a meaningful discussion with you.

Then perhaps in retrospect you probably should not have wasted what appears to be a feeble reply when left as is, and provides me nothing of substance or value with the reply route you decided ti take. But should you defide in the future to have a potentially meaningful dialogue that might enlighten the both of us... and perhaps other DCP'ers, ... then just just let me know, and you'll have my potential interest with THAT. ( but THIS sort of lame reply ?... this is of no interest to me, frankly. )

Edited by BRASSO

OK we are bearing down on an ambitious week for BAC. Hope they come through this weekend on an upward move. I am hearing there will be a pretty big crowd at Gillette. Between 4k and 6k. DCP'ers attending the gala, please check in here and let's meet for a brew. Turn em loose tonight. Eat em up Boston!

• Like 2

Question: Not being well-versed in the history of the activity across the board, did the practice of using a large banner (or at least semi-large) as an effect have its' inception with SCV's "Phantom" show of 1989, or is there an even earlier example of which to point?

The 1985 Bridgemen started their "Christmas In July" show with the entire corps under a large tent that looked like a Christmas present. If I recall, they played the opening statement underneath that tent. Not sure if that counts or not.

85Bridgemen_01.jpg

And the 1988 and1989 Crossmen had a large banner fly over the corps to hide a red cape reveal. Neat moment for them. The 1988 one (L) had sun-like colors on it and the 1989 one ® was all-black with a silver cross.

88x1.jpg89x1.jpg

Edited by seen-it-all

DCP'ers attending the gala, please check in here and let's meet for a brew. Turn em loose tonight. Eat em up Boston!

Since reserved parking for the Putnam Club starts at 2PM and the club doesn't open until 4PM, there's time to walk over to Patriot Place to grab a drink.

The 1985 Bridgemen started their "Christmas In July" show with the entire corps under a large tent that looked like a Christmas present. If I recall, they played the opening statement underneath that tent. Not sure if that counts or not.

85Bridgemen_01.jpg

And the 1988 and1989 Crossmen had a large banner fly over the corps to hide a red cape reveal. Neat moment for them. The 1988 one (L) had sun-like colors on it and the 1989 one ® was all-black with a silver cross.

88x1.jpg89x1.jpg

I did not remember that others had that back in those days as part of their program. Boston did a great job with theirs.

I did not remember that others had that back in those days as part of their program. Boston did a great job with theirs.

Many did BITD. and it was extremely successful . Goes to show ya stuff like this, theme shows, different from the norm props, etc etc. nothing new

Many did BITD. and it was extremely successful . Goes to show ya stuff like this, theme shows, different from the norm props, etc etc. nothing new

Nothing like BAC with charlie solo that was a class act. The best bari that year. Jay Kennedy and staff did a great job with the show that year.