Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Was used in "The Departed"

OK...thank you.

...more importantly than score...have they closed the gap on Crossmen or no?

Yes. Now 1.8 behind Crossmen...2.1 behind Madison.

Academie Musicale and Sky Ryders in 1990...Delta Brigade in 1991

Must have been Sky Ryders I'm remembering then...Was Academie div 2 or 3 then?....OKAY this is going to sound stupid...I can't keep track of everything drum corps...lol...but is Academie Musicale and The Academy the same group?

Edited by Liahona

Must have been Sky Ryders I'm remembering then...Was Academie div 2 or 3 then?....OKAY this is going to sound stupid...I can't keep track of everything drum corps...lol...but is Academie Musicale and The Acedemy the same group?

I don't believe so. But don't trust me on that. I'll look it up. brb...

Academie Musicale was based in Quebec, and was Class A60/Div. 3 The Academy was from Tempe, Arizona.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

They're not the same. Decades and countries apart.

Mike

Thanks...It's coming back to me now...brain on vacation tonight

Thanks...It's coming back to me now...brain on vacation tonight

No worries. The other day I was mixing up "Academie Musicale" with "The Ventures." Saw them both in Buffalo in 1990. If you marched that year, then I would have seen you as well, as it turns out -- funny how things go. Oh...and Academie won the A60/Div. III championship that year. Ventures won the A60/Div. II.

Edited by HornTeacher

Boston Crusaders uniforms under those lights looked fantastic !.

Thats was so cool for Keith lockhart, Boston Pops to have Boston Crusaders right at center stage for the finale. Boston, as designed, needed to get up there quickly for the 1812 Overture, and did so flawlessly, got in line, and were elbow to elbow,... it was perfect.

What an adrenaline rush this must have been for those Marchers tonite up on that stage. This was so cool.

According to my son, who is in front ensemble - he played cymbals tonight, this was one of his top 5 life experiences!! The front ensemble will also have greater participation at Tanglewood on Tuesday. Which he also said is sold out!! He is having the age out of his life!!

• Like 3

According to my son, who is in front ensemble - he played cymbals tonight, this was one of his top 5 life experiences!! The front ensemble will also have greater participation at Tanglewood on Tuesday. Which he also said is sold out!! He is having the age out of his life!!

I also saw this blog post from another current member!

Best. America Day. Ever.

We got to sleep in. We got to wake up to the Star Spangled Banner. We got to take a corps photo in front of the Hyde Park community center where the first corps photo was taken. We got to go inside the Most Precious Blood Church and learn about our corps’ history where it all began. We got to sing the corps song in that same church. We got to open for the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular. We got to enjoy amazing performances during the concert. We got to play the finale of the 1812 Overture for millions of people with the Pops, and close with Stars and Stripes Forever. We got to enjoy the fireworks after the show, and I got to take a picture on the Hatch Shell.

I spent my Independence Day not just as a proud American, but also as a proud Crusader. I’m never forgetting this one.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

What a great year for your son to age out in, so lucky!!!

However, if he's at Tanglewood on Tuesday, that means he missed the bus. The show is Monday. And it looks like about 2500 tickets still available in the Shed (cap. 5700). There will probably be plenty of space on the lawn, too.

http://www.bso.org/Seat/SelectYourOwnPerformance/69866