Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Ghost & Horn Teacher are there.

Just got back from tangle wood. Great time had by all. Just a beautiful area out their. Both BAC and BD put on a great show. You can tell Boston put in a lot of work with the 1812 music.

• Like 1

Heard BAC got a prolonged standing O. Great show...Beautiful venue. Vids and pics are wonderful!!

Too bad DCI didn't broadcast one of the most epic Drum Corps and showcased performances...nothing like promoting your brand, Acheson et al..

Rondinaro blew it, too "1875"? right, Steve.

Edited by D-Cex
  • Like 1

Last night's show at Tanglewood was one of those "had to be there" events. I sat near the front which gave the the vantage point of seeing the kids walk on stage. First I was struck by how young the members are, and it's not just that as we get older, they get younger. They were enthralled watching the Boston Pops brass and percussion, cheered on Blue Devils, and played their hearts out. The 1812 finale was spectacular.I spoke with some of the kids after the show and quite a few just finished senior year in high school or Freshman year in college--great potential for upcoming years. The kids knew the significance of where they were performing as well as the significance of the event. I know it won't become an annual event, and recreating the magic would be difficult, but I'm glad we had this show.

Regarding attendance: it was not jam packed in the shed, but the lawn was pretty full, but this is typical for an event at Tanglewood that does not feature the full BSO or Pops or a celebrity, especially one on a Monday night. They had to reroute traffic heading towards downtown Lenox, which is not done at all events, so that's a good sign.

• Like 1

Heard BAC got a prolonged standing O. Great show...Beautiful venue. Vids and pics are wonderful!!

Too bad DCI didn't broadcast one of the most epic Drum Corps and showcased performances...nothing like promoting your brand, Acheson et al..

The hole week was filmed/pic's. Maybe some one can pull together the highlights with DCI. This would be a good marketing tool for BAC and DCI. The kids should get a lot of credit for all the hard work they put in the past Month. It was epic.

• Like 2

The Brass spectacular is a regular Tanglewood event featuring BSO/Pops performers, and there are most likely contract issues with the Pops performers regarding broadcasting, so there's a good chance DCI could not have broadcast it even if they wanted to broadcast it.

Regarding Steve R and 1875, my guess is he thought that was the year the 1812 was composed, but he would have been wrong on that too.

Edited by Tim K

The Brass spectacular is a regular Tanglewood event featuring BSO/Pops performers,

Has the Brass Spectacular ever been used as a PBS fund raiser? If last night was deemed a money earner, that might be the only way to see a video. There was one person filming from the back of the stage and another one off to the right side of the stage.

Edited by Ghost

Kudos to the Cru for an amazing 75th celebration.

Here's but a brief recap of the energies demanded and pulled off so well.

-increases score approximately 15 points since first contest.

-hosts the largest attended contest in the East thus far at a venue ripe with DCI legacy memories from prior championships

-re-connects with hundreds of alums and fans gathered from over the years to celebrate what some once thought might have died pre-maturely several times

-wonderfully celebrates the Fourth on the Esplanade with thousands at a time when the nation is anxious about possible interruptions; and this in a city still sore from mayhem.

-skips down near Yankees territory to compete in the tightest contest of the season thus far

-joins the ranks of the masters and legends by performing with well known, well loved professional symphony plus BD

and there is still a month more of drum corps 2015 to go!

Kudos to the Cru!

• Like 5

Kudos to the Cru for an amazing 75th celebration.

Here's but a brief recap of the energies demanded and pulled off so well.

-increases score approximately 15 points since first contest.

-hosts the largest attended contest in the East thus far at a venue ripe with DCI legacy memories from prior championships

-re-connects with hundreds of alums and fans gathered from over the years to celebrate what some once thought might have died pre-maturely several times

-wonderfully celebrates the Fourth on the Esplanade with thousands at a time when the nation is anxious about possible interruptions; and this in a city still sore from mayhem.

-skips down near Yankees territory to compete in the tightest contest of the season thus far

-joins the ranks of the masters and legends by performing with well known, well loved professional symphony plus BD

and there is still a month more of drum corps 2015 to go!

Kudos to the Cru!

I'd say the Boston Crusaders Organization has given their members quite a summer's experience so far.... and some compelling things to put on a resume for the career future too !

• Like 3

This truly was a momentous week for the kids and the Crusader organization as a whole. They put together an amazing series of events that required pretty complex coordination. DCI should take note (and I hear they are paying attention). Speaking for the Alumni if I may, we are all incredibly proud of each and everyone one of you. Thanks so very much for these last few days. The diversion of focus to achieve the excellence in the various performances the kids have done is also nothing short of amazing. Rehearse for shows, travel to shows, perform in shows, rehearse for Pops on the Esplanade, perform on the Esplanade, rehearse for Tanglewood and perform at Tamnglewood. Absolutely mind blowing.

So now back to our regularly scheduled programming if you will. Amidst all the events, the corps managed to score well in Clifton and prove they are in the thick of it. Boston has 4 days of rehearsals and travel to Minnesota and compete in the first big show with several other corps. This show will certainly set the stage for the next few weeks to see who can keep the needle moving in the right direction. It is my expectation that Boston will prove to be better than the lower tier of the top 12. I believe they are coming together nicely in drill and music so that they will be closer to Cavies, Phantom, Madison and Blue Knights tier than Crossmen, Blue Stars, Troopers. I am guessing the Minneapolis show will be:

CAD, BD, Crown, SCV, Cavies, Boston, Madison, Phantom, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Surf although Boston, Madison, Phantom can be any order. Good luck to the Crusaders the rest of the way. One month left.

• Like 1

. I am guessing the Minneapolis show will be:

CAD, BD, Crown, SCV, Cavies, Boston, Madison, Phantom, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Surf although Boston, Madison, Phantom can be any order. Good luck to the Crusaders the rest of the way. One month left.

Bluecoats should be in top 4 ( my guess, you just unintentionally forgot them, LabMaster).

I just watched on" Youtubby", the BD/ BAC performance at Tanglewood... awesome !

Edited by BRASSO