Communication, whats it all about?

Well now, how did DCA do this weekend?

Did the Bucks communicate better then the other corps?

No. In fact they didn't play better than other corps either. This was a mess of a championship. But there is a brighter side. The real champion gave the show of shows. The price of admission was worth seeing Hawthorne live one last time. As far as what the judges saw.. my guess is they had a plan before MBI and Cabs ever went on. Talk About. A flawed system. And yes. Despite the penalty.. Cabs still should have won.

• Like 1

Actually, if you mean did they communicate to the crowd, then definitely yes. They got a great response in both Prelims and Finals, and so did lits of other corps. I would say that most DCA corps are doing well in this regard, and doing it in a variety of different ways. This definitely keeps the overall show more interesting.

Well now, how did DCA do this weekend?

Did the Bucks communicate better then the other corps?

No. In fact they didn't play better than other corps either. This was a mess of a championship. But there is a brighter side. The real champion gave the show of shows. The price of admission was worth seeing Hawthorne live one last time. As far as what the judges saw.. my guess is they had a plan before MBI and Cabs ever went on. Talk About. A flawed system. And yes. Despite the penalty.. Cabs still should have won.

WOW! Sour grapes party of one, your table is ready! I saw both Cabs and Bucs in Scranton and thought Bucs should have won that show, although not by much. Cabs opener was great! Their original book was great! Their hornline sounded great! But NOBODY does the things Bucs do and actually DO it! NOBODY in the circuit would even put a show like this on paper. Can you imagine Cabs attempting a show like this? Sure Cabs hornline sounds great, but they are absolutely stagnant for a good quarter of their program. Percussion parks even more. Can you imaging how far behind the Bucs the Cabs percussion would be if they attempted to move half as much as Reading? And its not just movement for movements sake...Reading actually performs it! Just came across video of Reading and Cabs at Big Sounds. Bucs should have won there as well. Reading is a deserving champ and kudos to the Cabs for a GREAT year!

I guess only one person can have a point of view on this forum..................................... :cool:

I guess only one person can have a point of view on this forum..................................... :cool:

Not true. If that WERE the case then there would only be one point of view on DCP. But obviously (or perhaps not), there are many. BTW...what's YOUR point of view?

Actually, if you mean did they communicate to the crowd, then definitely yes. They got a great response in both Prelims and Finals, and so did lits of other corps. I would say that most DCA corps are doing well in this regard, and doing it in a variety of different ways. This definitely keeps the overall show more interesting.

That's a really accurate assessment. I still wish DCA would post the rulebook, sheets, place mats, and explanation of each caption's judging philosophy online for all to see. It's not like judging is a matter of national security, and they would go a long way towards helping to educate and enlighten the fanbase.

• Like 1

when do they get to vote on new rule changes .

With all the , this corps should have won , that corps parks or doesn't, what fan said this or that, who felt who was screwed or didnt. BOTTOM LINE IMO. It probably was one of the best DCAs in many , many years, I think from top to bottom all corps certainly stepped it up in a big way. Contemporary in so many ways makes me smile for sure. I think so many corps took their direction so much more seriously this year and it showed. YES I loved the Cabs as well as others BUT I do think that it came down to the top 3 could have easily gone either way. It was close so a few tenths here or there was going to make a huge difference and YES could have gone easily to MB also. When 6th place was a 92 it was clear to see that the quality of corps were going to drive scores up and anything could have happened. People usually complain how predictable things are. WELL , didnt see this coming did ya..lol YES it was Bucs again but who would have guessed. A quality corps , as many proved they were this year ,works their way , chipping away and with a little help, luck and timing reach their peaks at the right time. I think this is what we saw. Do I think Bucs should have won?, Cabs? MB? For me it was anyone's game. It can be debated who lacked this or that , this can be said of everyone BUT It can also be said who had this or that plus. It comes down to maybe who had more of each BUT WOW, for me I'm not always impressed with DCA although I spent alot of years teaching there BUT totally impressed top to bottom this year. JMO

• Like 2

Gald to see you mention Bushwackers ,about the only show this year I dislike ,I dislike all the narration ,the theme of there show and the way it ends leaves me flat ,that's got to be the time for a beer n hot dog show this year .

wow , really? well we all have different tastes, I was really never much of a Bush fan but WOW what a surprise, so contemporary, well thought out. LOVED IT. SO good to see them that strong. They need to keep this direction IMO. I'm a fan now

• Like 1