Communication, whats it all about?

DCA has a lot of politics in it, something no one can change. If the judges picked the Bucs that's it, but everyone has their favorites and corps they think are better than others at any given time. Everyone will never agree on a winner but we can all enjoy all the effort each corps and their people put into the performances. I enjoyed all the corps in prelims, some more than others, some of the scores were where I thought they would be, some weren't. Next year it will happen all over again, let's hope we can all enjoy it and stand up for our favorites and put down the challengers, play on..............

• Like 1

WOW! Sour grapes party of one, your table is ready! I saw both Cabs and Bucs in Scranton and thought Bucs should have won that show, although not by much. Cabs opener was great! Their original book was great! Their hornline sounded great! But NOBODY does the things Bucs do and actually DO it! NOBODY in the circuit would even put a show like this on paper. Can you imagine Cabs attempting a show like this? Sure Cabs hornline sounds great, but they are absolutely stagnant for a good quarter of their program. Percussion parks even more. Can you imaging how far behind the Bucs the Cabs percussion would be if they attempted to move half as much as Reading? And its not just movement for movements sake...Reading actually performs it! Just came across video of Reading and Cabs at Big Sounds. Bucs should have won there as well. Reading is a deserving champ and kudos to the Cabs for a GREAT year!

Frankly, there isn't a point of view from you that would have ever sided with anyone But Bucs,, so your response is rather anticipated. However your opinion being so cut and paste year in and year out. I'm dropping IQ points even responding to it.

Getting back to the topic: COMMUNICATION..... I posted this in another thread where the caption was discussed:

"I think I've got it ! 'Communication' is like a tip to a server. You take the effect scores and add 10%, making effect worth slightly more than execution. Maybe like with servers, we'll soon see it up to 15%, then 18%........"

Joe Dz

No. In fact they didn't play better than other corps either. This was a mess of a championship. But there is a brighter side. The real champion gave the show of shows. The price of admission was worth seeing Hawthorne live one last time. As far as what the judges saw.. my guess is they had a plan before MBI and Cabs ever went on. Talk About. A flawed system. And yes. Despite the penalty.. Cabs still should have won.

i'm sorry but knowing many of them personally for you to insinuate the judges colluded to fix the show is disgusting. Some of them HATED Bucs in their marching days.

DCA has a lot of politics in it, something no one can change. If the judges picked the Bucs that's it, but everyone has their favorites and corps they think are better than others at any given time. Everyone will never agree on a winner but we can all enjoy all the effort each corps and their people put into the performances. I enjoyed all the corps in prelims, some more than others, some of the scores were where I thought they would be, some weren't. Next year it will happen all over again, let's hope we can all enjoy it and stand up for our favorites and put down the challengers, play on..............

one member of the finals panel couldn't even say their name without spitting many years ago. guess that kills the "favorites theory"

Frankly, there isn't a point of view from you that would have ever sided with anyone But Bucs,, so your response is rather anticipated. However your opinion being so cut and paste year in and year out. I'm dropping IQ points even responding to it.

As if calling DCA's "a mess of a championship" and "the real champion gave the show of shows" doesn't label you as a homer? At least I give your team credit where credit is due. And to insinuate that the judges panel came into finals with a pre-determined plan? Can your IQ get any lower? Edited by VOReason

As if calling DCA's "a mess of a championship" and "the real champion gave the show of shows" doesn't label you as a homer? At least I give your team credit where credit is due. And to insinuate that the judges panel came into finals with a pre-determined plan? Can your IQ get any lower?

As if your response has any weight in a conversation.. it never does. It never did.

OMG! Tom Da'Bomb, is that you!? So your a Cabs fan now? BTW, your comment on judging collusion carries SOOOOO much weight! Good to have you back Tom!

As if your response has any weight in a conversation.. it never does. It never did.

Someone is bitter...

nobody really has any weight in their conversation because each person has their favorite group. There is nobody with an unbiased opinion.

To call DCA a mess and discredit the Bucs championship because YOUR team did not win is very very childish. I feel very sorry for the son/daughter in the Cabs organization who's father is taking to the DCA facebook page and is talking about filing a petition because his son/daughter did not win like he wanted. This is all just crazy...just let it be. If you don't like it, then suit up and do something about it.

I don't think we heard this kind of dissatisfaction when the New England Patriots had an undefeated regular season and then lost the super bowl. Nobody was petitioning the NFL because New England was "Supposed to" win the championship based off regular season results...Heck, in 2011, we didn't hear the Bucs people demanding the trophy because they were "Supposed to" win the championship based off the regular season. They lost with class.

Edited by littleBknown