MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I sure hope so. Sorry, but I thought the move to Indiana was a really bad idea.

Saved a lot of money in travel. Had facilities to rehearse at that saved money and had less usage restrictions than many places in the Madison area/state.

I don't think it was a bad move, and wouldn't mind if they still used that region.

Saved a lot of money in travel. Had facilities to rehearse at that saved money and had less usage restrictions than many places in the Madison area/state.

I don't think it was a bad move, and wouldn't mind if they still used that region.

Not to mention a talented pool of local students.

Not to mention a talented pool of local students.

I see what you did there, and you are correct.

Even when the corps was doing camps in Wisconsin, the number of members from Dane County/Wisconsin was not very high as far back as at least the late 90's.

Edited by tesmusic

I get your point. I guess my feeling is that if they aren't doing anything in Madison other than taking a picture at the capital and hosting a show, perhaps they should just be known as the 'Scouts'?

• Like 1

I don't necessarily agree. For instance, the New York Jets practice in New Jersey, the Los Angeles Angels practice in Anaheim, and the Troopers practice in Indiana.

• Like 1

I really don't see the big deal with where a corps has camps and rehearses. If it saves money, is more convenient, and helps the corps out, why the hell not? Not like they're rehearsing in California, it's pretty much right next door.

It really isn't a big deal I guess, and does make sense if there are financial advantages, but I really feel that the corps loses some connection with the community by rehearsing elsewhere. I spent many many hours in Rockford this spring, and local people came out every night to check them out. I know it sounds hokey, but there was a sense of community, pride, etc...
  • Like 2

It really isn't a big deal I guess, and does make sense if there are financial advantages, but I really feel that the corps loses some connection with the community by rehearsing elsewhere. I spent many many hours in Rockford this spring, and local people came out every night to check them out. I know it sounds hokey, but there was a sense of community, pride, etc...

I can definitely see that, didn't mean to come off as insensitive in that respect. I guess it depends on how big the advantages are as to whether it's worth that sacrifice or not.

I can definitely see that, didn't mean to come off as insensitive in that respect. I guess it depends on how big the advantages are as to whether it's worth that sacrifice or not.

You didn't come off that way at all. Also, there is a selfish part of me that wants them back in WI..... I can see them more. I'm one hour from Rockford, and 1+ hrs from Madison.
  • Like 1