MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Have you not followed the activity in the last 15 years? This is normal in world class.

Write to Komnick, Peterson, Auby. Someone. Your useless rhetoric on here is old and tired.

If you cared at all about the corps you "marched" prove it and get off these forums and talk to someone that can do something. Not here, you're talking to the wrong forum.

Yes, I have followed this activity the last 15 years & that is exactly why I question why a Drum Corps needs 13 caption instructors. Given the current state of this activity, I would think that downsizing the instructional staff would be a good business decision. Please explain to me why any caption needs 13 instructors. I'm not sure why you are so angry.

Get off these forums!

Edited by FlamMan

Yes, I have followed this activity the last 15 years & that is exactly why I question why a Drum Corps needs 13 caption instructors. Given the current state of this activity, I would think that downsizing the instructional staff would be a good business decision. Please explain to me why any caption needs 13 instructors. I'm not sure why you are so angry.

Get off these forums!

I'm angry because you're delusional and you address your questions in the wrong place.

As I've said, email the corps admins, they'll get back to you with facts right away.

As for the staff size, unlike back in the day when you "marched" not all staff members can be around for all camps and tour. Also, people specialize in certain areas so they are used when needed to not waste time.

Furthermore, 4 of the 13 are choreographers, which means they are designing and others are cleAning.

As for your business point, the Scouts are much stronger now than they were 10 years ago, and having Komnick-a business man, Auby-board president and lawyer, and Peterson-brilliant in management, you're making financial decision accusations with no basis for your questions.

Why don't you follow your own advice, and "get off these forums" and ask your questions to people with real answers.

I can give you all their contact info, since you must not get it on any of the alumi info.

As for me, I'll be staying and posting so that people who attack the corps with bizarre accusations can have some reality tossed in, because that's far from what you type.

Oh, the next Board meeting is November 6, in Madison. You should attend and ask your questions, I'll be there to hear what's going , and I'll buy you a beer after.

I dont have the time or interest to get involved. I have my own business to run.

I don't think it's an issue to ask why there are so many staff. I've looked at other corps staff listings and often thought that it was a lot of people.

As per Guardling's explanation, it makes more sense. Looking up some of the backgrounds for staff (particularly guard) shows that they work with multiple groups. Corps, bands and WGI groups. Sometimes I wonder if they ever suffer from burnout or just get plain tired and need a break for a season (I'm sure there are examples of just that). There are some well known instructors/designers who also work with more than one corps during a season. I've always wondered about the logistics for doing that.

Anyway, back to Madison's guard. They have quite a group of talented instructors - some of which have worked together before and produced incredible results.

I can't wait to see what they do with Madison this year!

I dont have the time or interest to get involved. I have my own business to run.

Then move on since you clearly do not care for this corps anymore, but find it appropriate to trash talk.

Interesting that you "marched" in the alumni corps, when there was so much turmoil with the corps on and off the field, with the membership and from an alumni standpoint, yet now when the organization is considerably more stable, is giving thoughts and opinions to people that actually make decisions something you don't have time for and are not interested in.

Edited by tesmusic

Can I be the first to ask Tes and Flam to get a room - take it to PM. We don't need or want to see this hot mess. It is going nowhere.

• Like 8

Then move on since you clearly do not care for this corps anymore, but find it appropriate to trash talk.

Interesting that you "marched" in the alumni corps, when there was so much turmoil with the corps on and off the field, with the membership and from an alumni standpoint, yet now when the organization is considerably more stable, is giving thoughts and opinions to people that actually make decisions something you don't have time for and are not interested in.

Flam needs to give it a rest.

With that said, you found it appropriate to attack BAC on their thread. I don't think you have much room to talk.

And agreed with SFZ.

• Like 2

Perhaps if you got involved, you would see how your posts on DCP do more harm than good and you could actually have a positive impact on the corps.

I will say fhis...I am really looking forward to what the new staff does with Madison, especially the brass. Would love to see a latin show...and cant wait to see a marchung cymbal line again!

Perhaps if you got involved, you would see how your posts on DCP do more harm than good and you could actually have a positive impact on the corps.

Who is forcing you to read my posts?