MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Interesting that you "marched" in the alumni corps, when there was so much turmoil with the corps on and off the field, with the membership and from an alumni standpoint, .....

Internal corps business should stay internal.....

• Like 3

Internal corps business should stay internal.....

Jim, it wasn't internal.

Jim, it wasn't internal.

Let me rephrase it then, even if it was common knowledge to everyone in the DC world, airing dirty laundry isn't good for anyone,

I never heard of it but I've been put of the loop off and on the last few decades.....

• Like 3

sez the guy who throws waffles into any serious discussion on DCP. :silly:

“And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, "#### waffles.”

George Carlin

:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke: ( Every time I see a Waffle Reference on DCP, you'll see this quote)

• Like 1

Back at the end of the Scott Stewart era (and it doesn't feel as long ago as it really is - 13 years?!?), it was common knowledge (and posted in their BoD reports online for public reading) that Madison had issues recruiting and developing guard talent, and they considered that kind of an Achilles heel during those years. I don't know how much of an issue that is for these modern-day Scouts, but it's pretty evident in today's DCI that as your color guard - and visual program - go, so goes your corps, simply because so much of the score now is tilted away from music and towards visual. (Cavaliers, IMO, have always stayed pretty much on that razor edge - if nothing else, they always perform some great drill and guard work.) Madison has always been about the higher-louder-faster music, so I look forward to seeing what they can do to match it visually.*

*except for 2005, when they performed the crazy-insane stylings of Myron Rosander. I love his drill books, but they are *not* for the faint of heart!

Mike

Back at the end of the Scott Stewart era (and it doesn't feel as long ago as it really is - 13 years?!?), it was common knowledge (and posted in their BoD reports online for public reading) that Madison had issues recruiting and developing guard talent, and they considered that kind of an Achilles heel during those years. I don't know how much of an issue that is for these modern-day Scouts, but it's pretty evident in today's DCI that as your color guard - and visual program - go, so goes your corps, simply because so much of the score now is tilted away from music and towards visual. (Cavaliers, IMO, have always stayed pretty much on that razor edge - if nothing else, they always perform some great drill and guard work.) Madison has always been about the higher-louder-faster music, so I look forward to seeing what they can do to match it visually.*

*except for 2005, when they performed the crazy-insane stylings of Myron Rosander. I love his drill books, but they are *not* for the faint of heart!

Mike

Myron wrote in 2006.

---

Mike

Madison's guard alumni have been amongst some of the most generous in the activity assisting their successors with sponsorships and on tour aid. I know from first hand experience of some of my students finally able to march DCI (and guard) because of this generousity. Would that those who benefitted would continue to be as generous in payment of what they received.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Back at the end of the Scott Stewart era (and it doesn't feel as long ago as it really is - 13 years?!?), it was common knowledge (and posted in their BoD reports online for public reading) that Madison had issues recruiting and developing guard talent, and they considered that kind of an Achilles heel during those years.

Mike

I recall reading that at that time the Scouts were taking guys cut from the drumline auditions and converting them to guard.