MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Today, the activity is awash in parody ...

VK is back?

You guys Crack me up. People talking about the show, they like it,and hope for the best and year in year out you doom them. Can't you enjoy the love you get? My group doesn't even get talked about on here. The topic for the corps huts like 3 pages back and this one is always on top. Most of the people that post in this topic marched the corps and do you really think trashing them will help. Alumni support goes a long way for the kids and yes they check these topics. You can hate the show you can hate the staff but cheer this kids on. Just my little rant.

Edited by BlueStainGlass

You guys Crack me up. People talking about the show, they like it,and hope for the best and year in year out you doom them. Can't you enjoy the love you get? My group doesn't even get talked about on here. The topic for the corps huts like 3 pages back and this one is always on top. Most of the people that post in this topic marched the corps and do you really think trashing them will help. Alumni support goes a long way for the kids and yes they check these topics. Last year for the Stars 50th the alumni did everything for that corps and the kids loved it and did everything they could for the alumni. You can hate the show you can hate the staff but cheer this kids on. Just my little rant.

I love the Scouts and root for them & always will, but many alums are frustrated and disappointed with placing near the bottom year after year.

I love the Scouts and root for them & always will, but many alums are frustrated and disappointed with placing near the bottom year after year.

Well, let's be honest...you're not anywhere close to the bottom. Average to middling maybe...

• Like 2

your corps exists and will continue to exist. The glassmen are gone (but looks like an attempt to bring a corps back in a few years). I cannot go out and cheer for my first corps. They didnt make finals. Their final 2 years but guess what I was still glad they existed and gave kids the same experience of a lifetime I got. Look at the cavies. Years of top 3 and then they fell to 8th. You don't see alumni calling for heads. Correct me if I'm wrong but since like 2000 Madison has been in the top 6 like 2-3 times. They have been a 7-12 group since most of these kids auditioning/marching been alive. Yes you want to get back but it does take time and I agree the rapid staff changes don't help. The neighbors to the west are in the third yeAR with the same staff minus 1 person and you can see things falling into place. The activity is harder than back in the day and less corps mean more gravitating to your top groups. Retention builds championships. Idk Madison retention is but I can say compared to when I marched (2 years ago no vets) to this year (half the people I marched with still there) the corps has grown in placement. So the real question is why are people leaving?

Well, your conclusion is sound but your reasoning is a bit suspect. Yes, it's FAR more difficult to make major improvements during the season. But no, it's not because of "sameness". Parity is absolutely a factor, but it's because the average quality of corps is orders of magnitude better than it was "back in the day".

Thirty years ago (even twenty to a smaller extent), corps hit tour far less prepared in terms of overall quality than they do now (especially in brass). Corps are better instructed and with a higher average level of talent than at any point in history. The result is that with that level of preparedness, there's less room to improve overall.

Amen brother! Reread my post, you are bolstering my entire point.

Well, let's be honest...you're not anywhere close to the bottom. Average to middling maybe...

I define bottom as 12th place.

I define bottom as 12th place.

I wonder if those kids in The Troopers feel that they are below the bottom ? or even the corps from South America who came to Indy last year just to compete.....

• Like 1