MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Gotta love those Scouts! Here's hoping for the Scouts to have a strong finish this year. The corps is a class act.

Edited by Magbo

The members are a spectacular group of people off the field, and I think that's why they are hitting their stride, along with great design and instruction.

Theirs certainly work to be done for those wanting competitive success to be the measure of success, but as for the "behind the scenes" lessons, that's certainly happening and in a big way.

I'm so proud of what this group is accomplishing.

I'm also very glad I had the chance to march with so many at Macy's!

• Like 2

When I read the "Men of Madison" challenge on the web site I can't help but be proud that my sons have both auditioned for this fine organization and one is in his second year (2011 & 2015). Who they become is so much more important than where they place.

• Like 4

When I read the "Men of Madison" challenge on the web site I can't help but be proud that my sons have both auditioned for this fine organization and one is in his second year (2011 & 2015). Who they become is so much more important than where they place.

Well said. I do love this show. Your son must be having such a great time performing it!

• Like 1

I just hope and pray that they can keep this staff together and keep the mojo coming into next year and beyond!!!

• Like 1

I just hope and pray that they can keep this staff together and keep the mojo coming into next year and beyond!!!

I highly doubt you'll see significant changes, other than the usual transitions that all corps face. They've worked hard to get here that I doubt they want drastic changes.

I would like a truly unbiased question to be answered for me. How can a corps that does not have all of it's members on the field, nor all of its props, still score higher than a surging corps that has a great program with a full corps on the field? And please enough of the other corps has greater content nonsense! Please give me a real rational explanation. Is it an issue of cleaning the drill, more difficult book, etc.? I am trying to stay away from the typical it's political/G7 theories. I really want to know honest opinions.

I would like a truly unbiased question to be answered for me. How can a corps that does not have all of it's members on the field, nor all of its props, still score higher than a surging corps that has a great program with a full corps on the field? And please enough of the other corps has greater content nonsense! Please give me a real rational explanation. Is it an issue of cleaning the drill, more difficult book, etc.? I am trying to stay away from the typical it's political/G7 theories. I really want to know honest opinions.

Having seen both corps last night, I'm shocked. But it won't get me down.

As Scott Stewart used to tell us, focus on the things you can control, and judging isn't one of those things, so I'll just look at the recap, laugh a little, and remember how interesting DCI judging can be.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1

I agree. Having said that, when it comes to placement of corps and scoring, etc., I must admit that I am now very cynical about the activity in that regards. It is so predictable now. For example within the last several years 98% of the time only two corps appear to be able to be crowned DCI champion, with the one exception so far of Crown a couple of years back. I think if DCI would like to not appear so suspect, they might want to allow Crown, Bluecoats, or whoever else get a few titles.