MADISON SCOUTS 2015

That's interesting. Then you and I would have a knock-down-drag-out over your opinions of BD, LOL. I love the visual side too. To me, the Cadets are remarkable visually this year and right up my alley. the drill is readable and demanding. They, IMO, play the hard stuff on the move, which I don't really see others do, and Crown and SCV seem to have less brass playing than others. If the Cadets are as clean as Crown and BD at finals, it will be outrageous if they don't walk away with the title this year.

My favorites though: SCV (#1), Madison, Crown and Phantom. Always love those 4.

I agree, anyone that executes on the same level as BD shield beat them. But that is extremely hard to do. I do like the Cadets this year, first time in quite a few years. If they are as clean as Crown or BD on finals night they should win.

I agree, anyone that executes on the same level as BD shield beat them. But that is extremely hard to do. I do like the Cadets this year, first time in quite a few years. If they are as clean as Crown or BD on finals night they should win.

Word. Oh, and just to get off topic here, I almost committed suicide over the fact that I had to root for the Cowboys last year when they played the Seahawks in the playoffs, LOL. I told my Seahawk fan friends, "I hate the Seahawks even more now because for one day they turned me into a Cowboys fan." Lol. I imagine you feel the same way about the 49ers.

smoke and mirrors.

So in modern drum corps does the theme need to be dark and deep about hell, demons and the occult practices or secret societies to be considered modern?

So in modern drum corps does the theme need to be dark and deep about hell, demons and the occult practices or secret societies to be considered modern?

BD is about fairytales which is fast from demons and dark, bluecoats 2 years in a row take a general concept and add good music to it which I wouldn't call dark, and the best example is BK who are doing feel good emotional shows.

Fairytales do arguably fall into the areas of the supernatural. I will agree that Bluecoats has not had a dark or supernatural show per se, although one could argue the title kinetic noise and energy is a part of some supernatural experiences. BK is an enigma. I got to see their show in Murfreesboro and a lot of band directors and people around me felt the way I did about their show. They felt that it was nice for lack of a better word. But, didn't really grab you with any "unph!" Like even cadets or scv. But your point is?