MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I'm loving the fact that Madison is already marketing 2016 auditions!!!

I'll be honest. Maybe I am old and naive. But, I was really starting to believe the old discussions of "the judges have it in for Madison" or "no matter what the scouts do they will never get the credit for it" routine. After what I have seen this season, I apologize and I am ashamed of that defeated way of thinking. It might have been that way in the past. But, even if it was, I don't think it is that way anymore. I think when I marched scouts in the 80s, the scouts had developed enough competitive success that they developed almost an "isolationist" mind set to the rest of the drum corps/judging community in some ways, and got left behind the curve. I've learned over the years that in anything, business, life, etc., you have to be a respectful friend to have respectful friends in return. I say all that to say that I truly believe that Madison now has a wonderful future ahead of them! And the great thing about it is that I honestly believe that the fans, judges, alums, other corps, etc. actually want them to have a wonderful future!!!!

I have felt this way at times too. Especially in 2012 and 2013 when I felt they should have beaten the Cavies at finals both seasons. But, I look back on those seasons and the design just wasn't there, especially in 2013 for them to compete through a a whole season. This year, I absolutely think they are getting the credit they deserve. I was shell-shocked that Blue Stars beat them in Minneapolis. Now they are going into finals ahead of Cavies. That's remarkable. I will be happy regardless of where they finish this year, because this is IMO their best designed product since 2005, at least. It is far better than anything put out in the Mason Era. I will be doing cart wheels down my street if they end up in 7th, but I do not think that is going to happen. Regardless, they have set themselves up so well going into next season, and I am madly in love with this year's show.

Madison has a great show this year, they definitely seem to have their "swagger" back.

The other great thing that I am feeling this year is the excitement and resurgence of the Madison alum and fan base!!!

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Scouts this year. I love everything about it. Good luck tonight!! GO SCOUTS!!!

Madison Scouts!!!! Your future is so bright, you have to wear sunglasses at night!!!!

My heartiest congratulations to the administration, staff, support staff, and Marching Members of the 2015 Madison Scout Organization. In watching you, I couldn't help but partially harken back upon the many predecessors in your organization. You did yourselves, your fan base, and all of your fellow brothers proud. Congratulations!!