MADISON SCOUTS 2015

When does Madison usually announce its show?

It has been different times depending on the year.

First off, you obviously haven't gone back and read many of my posts, beyond the ones you want to respond to. My tune has changed DRASTICALLY in the past couple of years. I used to be one of those cheerleaders and "hype-artists", but I came to the stark realization that the Scouts have spent more time outside the Top 6 than they've spent in it in the last 25 years...and almost entirely for the past 15 (6th in 2005). I had hope...but that hope is long gone. They just aren't drawing the talent to keep up with the big dogs. Couple that with poor visual design and a woefully underperforming guard, and you have systematic issues that will continue to plague the corps. If Jim Mason couldn't right the ship, it's very unlikely to happen at this point.

Real talk, bro.

p.s. You can make all the assumptions you want, but I've volunteered my time to pull the corps out of a tough situation more than once, given my skill set. Not just them, but Boston and Teal Sound as well.

I'm with Big Bad Man on this. I too was part of the hype machine here especially in 07. I always have hope for the Scouts, but it's become hard. In the 90's almost the whole corps was from WI, so if anything the talent pool is so much bigger than it was, hut they are going else where. At some point they will realize that announcing a show is a good buzz generator. Look at what the Cadets have done this winter. I left this site for a few years, hut came back ever hopeful again. I'm very excited about the changes and hope for a great year. Big Bad Man is calling it like he sees it, period. I agree with him almost all the time. We both want a great show, a return to the top 6, some screaming soloists etc... Edited by 2nd line G
  • Like 1

I'm with Big Bad Man on this. I too was part of the hype machine here especially in 07. I always have hope for the Scouts, but it's become hard. In the 90's almost the whole corps was from WI, so if anything the talent pool is so much bigger than it was, hut they are going else where. At some point they will realize that announcing a show is a good buzz generator. Look at what the Cadets have done this winter. I left this site for a few years, hut came back ever hopeful again. I'm very excited about the changes and hope for a great year. Big Bad Man is calling it like he sees it, period. I agree with him almost all the time. We both want a great show, a return to the top 6, some screaming soloists etc...

I agree 100%. It saddens me that most corps no longer have many local members and have abandoned local recruiting efforts.

The Scouts banned me from their Facebook page for posting a dissenting comment and calling them to task for failing to put a competitive product on the field. Figures. Oh well. They can't handle any criticism and I'm sick of toeing the line of thinking they are above reproach. They aren't.

Sad thing is, I idolized the Scouts when I marched. For them to have fall to such a pitiful, shameful state is, well...embarrassing.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

The Scouts banned me from their Facebook page for posting a dissenting comment and calling them to task for failing to put a competitive product on the field. Figures. Oh well. They can't handle any criticism and I'm sick of toeing the line of thinking they are above reproach. They aren't.

Sad thing is, I idolized the Scouts when I marched. For them to have fall to such a pitiful, shameful state is, well...embarrassing.

That is unfortunate. Maybe after they come out with an amazing product this year you can ask to belong again?

• Like 1

Scouts have hardly fallen to a shameful state. Many corps have fallen from past heights and its a cyclical process for many corps. (SCV and PR were consistently top 3 corps at one point). Not to mention great corps that are no longer in existence. Give them credit and let's see what they come up with this season first.

• Like 1

Get over yourself. You wrote comments criticizing something that is an opinion and started a nasty war of words with everyone since not a single person remotely agreed with you.

You didn't take anyone to task, you said "should be good enough for 11th place." It was simply a weak comment by someone that clearly doesn't care about their former corps.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 3

Scouts have hardly fallen to a shameful state. Many corps have fallen from past heights and its a cyclical process for many corps. (SCV and PR were consistently top 3 corps at one point). Not to mention great corps that are no longer in existence. Give them credit and let's see what they come up with this season first.

Don't feed the troll, It's not worth it.

• Like 1

Get over yourself. You wrote comments criticizing something that is an opinion and started a nasty war of words with everyone since not a single person remotely agreed with you.

You didn't take anyone to task, you said "should be good enough for 11th place." It was simply a weak comment by someone that clearly doesn't care about their former corps.

I care enough not to blindly support it as it continues its downward spiral. But whatever. That high horse you sit on giving you nosebleeds yet?