MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I saw the mylar,too...not sure why they would change to kevlar at this point now.

Yea, it doesnt make any sense whatsoever to practice all Winter on Mylar, & then switch to Kevlar. There would definitly be a setback & a learning curve.

Little birdie told me they switched to Kevlar yesterday

Yes.

Hmmmmm.....interesting. I wonder of the goal of using mylar was to build strength & how to play 'through' the head.

Speaking of uniform changes, would it not be cost efficient to go back to the felt Aussies that were last worn in the early 80s? Or are the just not as durable? I figure since SCV still uses the felt type hats that Madison might be able to get them again. Any thoughts?

Speaking of uniform changes, would it not be cost efficient to go back to the felt Aussies that were last worn in the early 80s? Or are the just not as durable? I figure since SCV still uses the felt type hats that Madison might be able to get them again. Any thoughts?

The am convinced that the aussies we wore in 1981 were made of concrete.

The am convinced that the aussies we wore in 1981 were made of concrete.

Ours were cheap plastic.

I remember how this past November when the Scouts were in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade everyone in the entire drum corps community was giving them love form educators, other corps members, alumni, judges, etc.! Well, now that the drum corps season has started let's see how much of that love will carry over for Madison now. Just a thought.

So tonight will be my only viewing of the 2015 Scouts. I do hope DCI's new video delivery doesn't suck.

• Like 1