MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I'm hoping. There's a lot of talented dancers in the guard, I would like to see that.

I'm also hoping the ending utilizes the talent in the upper brass more as the season rolls on, a nice trio or quartet.

Yes, that would be nice too! I can say that for the first time in a while I think they have a wonderful production to work with this summer!

Yes, that would be nice too! I can say that for the first time in a while I think they have a wonderful production to work with this summer!

I think it's a very well designed program and the men will only get better.

It's great to see the Scouts return to a variation of a classic uniform with a show of melodic & recognizable tunes. The word "razzmatazz" came to mind while listening to this show. I LIKE IT!

• Like 1

In regards to the critics about it being a retro show. I don't think those critics neither understand nor appreciate the wonderful Hollywood era that this show theme is taken from.

In regards to the critics about it being a retro show. I don't think those critics neither understand nor appreciate the wonderful Hollywood era that this show theme is taken from.

I don't think the "retro" label is meant as a slam. When I watched the live stream on Monday night, I couldn't help but think I was seeing a show that was very akin to the City of Angels years of 1991-1992.

I would love to see DCI have a "Retro Year", where all corps did a retro styled show. No vocals or electronics either. It might be interesting to see what the fan reaction would be.

• Like 1

Ok Kamarag I got you. I loved the 1991 Show!

• Like 1

Ok Kamarag I got you. I loved the 1991 Show!

I do think this could end up being a divisive show with audiences, but for vastly different reasons than the last few years. Old-school Scouts fans will likely love this program, but new-school drum corps fans may not, at least not to the extent they have over the last several years. The thematic material likely won't resonate with younger fans, and that's ok, at least in the short term.

I'll never take issue with anyone who doesn't care for a show because of style or theme. And let's face it...it's a whole lot better than not liking a show because it's poorly designed or executed, issues that have plagued Scouts of late.

Nope.

Just my desire to do what I can to help my brothers out, and my willingness to voice my concerns to people that I know will listen and take things into actual consideration.

Yeah, I meant among those making decisions.