Championship Wknd Predictions: Ready, Set, GO!

I see a rare flip from Prelims to Finals happening for 1st. In fact, when is the last time that has happened?

Prelims (razor thin between 1st thru 3rd)

Cabs

Bucs

MB

Fus

CV

C2

Bush

Gold

Sun

Hurcs

Finals (still close, but by about 0.5)

Bucs

MB

Cabs

Fus

C2

CV

Bush

Gold

Sun

Hurcs

Cabs

Bucs

MBI

Fusion

CV

Cadets2

Bush

Sun

Hurcs

Alliance or Gold

• Like 1

Prelims / Finals

Cabs / MBI

Bucs / Cabs

MBI / Bucs

Fusion / Fusion

C2 / C2

CV / CV

Bush / Bush

Hurcs / Gold

Sun / Hurcs

Gold / Sun

Sabers / Govies

Govies / Sabers

Sun / Sun

CT / CT

I think with an extra read against their competition, MBI could pull it off. Thats only if the hornline can clean up that score. I think Sabers have come back to reality and Govies take it Finals night. Also really would not surprise me to see a tie between 2nd/3rd in Open. I think it will be that close.

Open Class:

1) First-place corps

2-14) The other corps

Class A:

1) First-place corps

2-5) The other corps

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• Like 3

I see a rare flip from Prelims to Finals happening for 1st. In fact, when is the last time that has happened?

I think 1996, when Westshoremen edged out Caballeros by 0.1, after being behind them by 0.9 in Prelims.

• Like 1

I think 1996, when Westshoremen edged out Caballeros by 0.1, after being behind them by 0.9 in Prelims.

it didn't help that we were a pile of #### at prelims lemme tell you. we watched the video that night, and man...forms way out of whack, musical dirt there hadn't been in weeks...it was painful to watch....especially when our run before prelims was hands down the best performance the 1996 Westshoremen gave all year

For fun, here's a video of an MBI standstill run-through from the perspective of the snare line. It's from July 23rd. Horns are facing away from the camera (so there is a lot of distortion) but you can still hear much of the music just to get an idea of the show pacing. Aggressive velocity. At the 7:45 mark there are some nice runs in the hornline.

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1