Championship Wknd Predictions: Ready, Set, GO!

They win nothing if they don't make finals

nope. hurcs win that one.

If you're judging an indoor guard show, sure. But there are at least three guards executing just as well that are FAR better integrated into their programs than Hurcs are. Good guard judges know that, and judge the sheet correctly. They won't be quite the shoe-in you believe they are even if they do make finals this weekend.

• Like 2

If you're judging an indoor guard show, sure. But there are at least three guards executing just as well that are FAR better integrated into their programs than Hurcs are. Good guard judges know that, and judge the sheet correctly. They won't be quite the shoe-in you believe they are even if they do make finals this weekend.

but they have won every guard caption this year. if they make finals they win it. my opinion john.

Edited by JohnZ
x

but they have won every guard caption this year. if they make finals they win it. my opinion john.

Every bit as allowed as I am to tell you why I disagree. It's not a one-way street, Don. Why are you so darned angry all the time?

Even if they do make finals, it's going to be awfully difficult to win guard when there are so many good guards likely placing above them and going on much later. Cabs, Fusion, Atlanta, Gold...if they do it, more power to them. But as I said in an earlier post...finals isn't about the caption, it's about the whole show.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

Every bit as allowed as I am to tell you why I disagree. It's not a one-way street, Don. Why are you so darned angry all the time?

Even if they do make finals, it's going to be awfully difficult to win guard when there are so many good guards likely placing above them and going on much later. Cabs, Fusion, Atlanta, Gold...if they do it, more power to them. But as I said in an earlier post...finals isn't about the caption, it's about the whole show.

plus you have to factor in MBI..both guards had an 18.4 on 8/16 albeit different shows. I'm sure Fusion would have had a higher score at Reading had they wont their uniforms in the rain

• Like 1

plus you have to factor in MBI..both guards had an 18.4 on 8/16 albeit different shows. I'm sure Fusion would have had a higher score at Reading had they wont their uniforms in the rain

Fusion's guard is spectacular, the best I've seen in DCA this year (seen all of the good ones save MBI).

Surprised it's been relatively quiet here for the Thursday before Championship weekend, especially since we have some wide open races. Guess everyone is too busy rehearsing to bother being on here.

It's gonna be weird seeing prelims in the morning again. I used the hate going on in the early am back when I marched.

I'm with all the Capt. Obvious's. It's gonna be a close one, probably with some surprises. Here's my best guess...

Bucs

Cabs

Fusion

MB

C2

CV

Bush

Gold

Sun

Alliance

Hope everyone has their best show of the year and leaves no doubt that they all gave the fans their best effort.

john i'm not angry. it's just my opinion. we all have them and ######## to............LOL.

Nope.

The Hurcs Guard won every caption in 2011. They were unbeatable. Until Minnesota Brass Inc. beat the Hurricanes and won guard in finals. Out of the blue. And that seemed to pi'''ss off every guard member in the Hurcs. Unfortunately...

It's anybody's game.

Just sayin'. It's not over till it's over. Reading could win. Cabs could win. Minnesota could win. It's a brilliant year full of fantastic surprises. Best DCA ever!

Edited by Ron H

BS.

The Hurcs Guard won every show in 2011. Until Minnesota Brass Inc. beat the Hurricanes and won guard in finals. Out of the blue. And that pi'''sd off every guard member in the Hurcs. Unfortunately.

Just sayin'. It's not over till it's over.

MBI's guard absolutely deserved that trophy too. Hurcs' guard at retreat left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouths...and proves that when you care more about a caption trophy than the success of the overall corps, you have a real problem. I hope they aren't like that anymore...

• Like 2