Why there should never be another Star

With Southwind announcing their coming back the cries for the return of Star of Indiana ring out. I pray it never happens. Does anyone realize what a startup would look like? Smaller corps, less musical less original. It would be a shadow of its former self. And who is to say it would ever reach the same level as the original.

Smaller corps such as East Coast Jazz, Pride of Cincinnati, maybe the Freelancers, Guardsmen or SkyRyders. But never Star or 27. Some things are better as a memory

With Southwind announcing their coming back the cries for the return of Star of Indiana ring out. I pray it never happens. Does anyone realize what a startup would look like? Smaller corps, less musical less original. It would be a shadow of its former self. And who is to say it would ever reach the same level as the original.

Smaller corps such as East Coast Jazz, Pride of Cincinnati, maybe the Freelancers, Guardsmen or SkyRyders. But never Star or 27. Some things are better as a memory

You can bet if Star ever came back especially with the same backing they would come back full force. Those players won't just do it for the sake of having another corps and you can bet they would never come back looking to re- capture some glory days. they would come back to win!

Edited by GUARDLING

That's the point. Lightening very rarely strikes twice. If someone had the money wouldn't they start a corps in their own image. I wouldn't start another Blue Rocks even though most people in this area would want another go. Yes a past member might but how !much would it cost to start out at that level. Good luck to anyone that can pull it off.

That's the point. Lightening very rarely strikes twice. If someone had the money wouldn't they start a corps in their own image. I wouldn't start another Blue Rocks even though most people in this area would want another go. Yes a past member might but how !much would it cost to start out at that level. Good luck to anyone that can pull it off.

Star is probably the only one that could sink a few million right off the bat. Money buys alot in this world.

I do see your point though. it could never happen with most

Edited by GUARDLING

I must be crazy but I'm all for Star or any other "big name" corps coming back small and build or otherwise...

The more the merrier. Let's not get too wrapped up in the past to lose the potential of a future.

The more kids marching the better.

Freelancers, 27th, Star - etc - any of them coming back is a good thing. Be it full size or 30 members. IMHO.

• Like 6

I must be crazy but I'm all for Star or any other "big name" corps coming back small and build or otherwise...

The more the merrier. Let's not get too wrapped up in the past to lose the potential of a future.

The more kids marching the better.

Freelancers, 27th, Star - etc - any of them coming back is a good thing. Be it full size or 30 members. IMHO.

Agreed. Who cares about past legacy honestly... I'd just like to see another corps to listen to. If Star of Indiana came back and did not produce nearly as well as they did in the early 90's, would it seriously take away the legacy of those championship caliber shows? No...

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

Star is probably the only one that could sink a few million right off the bat. Money buys alot in this world.

I do see your point though. it could never happen with most

How is it that a now defunct drum and bugle corps could sink a few million right off the bat? I thought there was no corps anymore, let alone one that has a few million laying around in some bank account.

How is it that a now defunct drum and bugle corps could sink a few million right off the bat? I thought there was no corps anymore, let alone one that has a few million laying around in some bank account.

the powers to be that produced Star and then Blast could easily if they wanted to produce a come back and have plenty to back it. I believe even when started from scratch without a past reputation they had a million plus back in the early 80s from Cook Corp. I did say also if the old group of powers decided to bring it back.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1