Why there should never be another Star

So the world today is the same as when Star competed? And what group today has the bucks to want to sink $1M into something that no one knows would "work" or not. Let's face it, Star was created because Cook wanted it done.

Know of anyone else with $1M laying around willing to do the same?

Interesting thought... $1M in one shot for a big touring corps or split it out to multiple other types of corps. Just saw a FB post on the Phillipines corps that bought used equipment from a corps I'm familiar with.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Maybe I'm stuck in the past but I would love to see Star of Indiana again. Look at the quality and level of musicianship of Star United...I'm sure if SOI came back there would be plenty of people willing to get involved. If you look around drum corps there are alum everywhere with successful music careers that would probably be interested in a rebirth of their corps. If it happened I'm certain it would be all out...full force and they'd be ready to produce quality...that's what they did before and that's the only way they know how to do it.

One can dream....can't he?........ :satisfied:

With Southwind announcing their coming back the cries for the return of Star of Indiana ring out. I pray it never happens. Does anyone realize what a startup would look like? Smaller corps, less musical less original. It would be a shadow of its former self. And who is to say it would ever reach the same level as the original.

Smaller corps such as East Coast Jazz, Pride of Cincinnati, maybe the Freelancers, Guardsmen or SkyRyders. But never Star or 27. Some things are better as a memory

Who exactly cried for Star's return as a result of Southwind's announcement?

• Like 2

I hope you feel better soon. I'm just getting over a bad code myself.

It starts in the node, I'm told.

It's funny how people like Star now but it was not the case when they were actually competing. The crowd reaction when the came in 3rd after basically coming in first in 1992. It's only when they leave the activity is when people appreciate their contribution to the drum corp activity.

• Like 1

It's funny how people like Star now but it was not the case when they were actually competing. The crowd reaction when the came in 3rd after basically coming in first in 1992. It's only when they leave the activity is when people appreciate their contribution to the drum corp activity.

Its even funnier still when fans get their placements wrong from BITD in their criticisms of others.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope you feel better soon. I'm just getting over a bad code myself.

They drank his health, and they patted him on the back, and they made a great fuss of him; which was just as well, for he was not feeling particularly cheerful. He had not forgotten the look of the Mountain, nor the thought of the dragon, and he had beside a shocking cold. For three days he sneezed and coughed, and he could not go out, and even after that his speeches at banquets were limited to "Thag you very buch."

The past does stay in the past.

That' why it's called... "the past ".

There'll never be another Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, JFK, FDR, Federico Fellini, etc.

But we can pay tribute to them today... even in a Drum Corps show, if we want to.

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." -- William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun

Now I'm trying to imagine what a Fellini film of a Faulkner novel would be like.

All it would take is a dedicated, commited, team of people who are determined to make it happen. It doesn't take a huge amount of money up front. It takes desire, and preseverance. If that is there, the money will come.