Why there should never be another Star

the powers to be that produced Star and then Blast could easily if they wanted to produce a come back and have plenty to back it. I believe even when started from scratch without a past reputation they had a million plus back in the early 80s from Cook Corp. I did say also if the old group of powers decided to bring it back.

There will never be another Bill Cook. Let the great things he did for drum corps bring a smile to our faces. There will not be another Star of Indiana. After God created Bill Cook, He broke the mold.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 4

There will never be another Bill Cook. Let the great things he did for drum corps bring a smile to our faces. There will not be another Star of Indiana. After God created Bill Cook, He broke the mode.

I would agree about Bill.I also knew him very well and close ties to the late 80s and early 90s staff. you are quite right about being one of a kind

Edited by GUARDLING

. There will not be another Star of Indiana.

We don't know that.

If someone had told us in 1994 that the Star of Indiana would return someday as a DCA Mini Corps in competition, ( and win that title ) we'd likely say " not a chance ".

When the once 2nd place DCI Blue Stars folded, and were out of circulation for many years, hardly anyone thought we'd see this fine Corps return years later, and as a DCI Finalist Corps to boot. I agree the odds of the Star of Indiana returning back to DCI prominence as the Blue Stars have done is highly remote, but I wouldn't put it in the realm of an impossibility.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I was watching the 1987 Legacy DVD a few nights ago which includes my favorite Star show (the circus show). We saw bigger and grander shows in later years, but I love that show.

If Star had returned, it would have to have returned in the 1990's. Any other incarnation would have been a corps that shared the name. Star was too iconic. The same would be true for other iconic corps such as Kilties as a junior corps, 27th and North Star, Bridgemen, Suncoast Sound, and Velvet Knights as we knew them back in the day. You could recreate the look, maybe the style, but not the magic,or Magic (of Orlando) for that matter.

I was watching the 1987 Legacy DVD a few nights ago which includes my favorite Star show (the circus show). We saw bigger and grander shows in later years, but I love that show.

If Star had returned, it would have to have returned in the 1990's. Any other incarnation would have been a corps that shared the name. Star was too iconic. The same would be true for other iconic corps such as Kilties as a junior corps, 27th and North Star, Bridgemen, Suncoast Sound, and Velvet Knights as we knew them back in the day. You could recreate the look, maybe the style, but not the magic,or Magic (of Orlando) for that matter.

good point and maybe that's why the past is called the PAST and needs to stay there. and of course a great memory

Edited by GUARDLING

good point and maybe that's why the past is called the PAST and needs to stay there.

The past does stay in the past.

Thats why its called.... " the past ".

They'll never be another Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, JFK, FDR, Federic Fellini, etc

But we can pay tribute to them today.... even in a Drum Corps show, if we want to.

Edited by BRASSO

The past does stay in the past.

Thats why its called.... " the past ".

They'll never be another Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, JFK, FDR, Federic Fellini, etc

But we can pay tribute to them today.... even in a Drum Corps show, if we want to.

there's paying tribute but for some it's still living it. I think that's the point. I also don't think the thread was about doing a tribute show, it was talking about Star and coming or not coming back.

Edited by GUARDLING

there's paying tribute but for some it's still living it. I think that's the point. I also don't think the thread was about doing a tribute show, it was talking about Star and coming or not coming back.

People that live in the past are entitled to do so... although of course its as silly as those who claim to be able to see the future, and charge good money to others for that future " insight ".

As for the Star of Indiana, those that would not like to ever see them make a return ( if it ever came to an attempt ) are likewise entitled to that opinion.. I would support the efforts of any and all Corps however to attempt a return should it decide to make the attempt, and unlike you and a few others, I would wish them success in such an attempt.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

People that live in the past are entitled to do so... although of course its as silly as those who claim to be able to see the future, and charge good money to others for that future " insight ".

As for the Star of Indiana, those that would not like to ever see them make a return ( if it ever came to an attempt ) are likewise entitled to that opinion.. I would support the efforts of any and all Corps to attempt a return should it decide to make the attempt, and unlike you a a few others, I would wish them success in such an attempt.

like you said , all are entitled to their opinion