PR 2014! Love this show!

Haha Im just wondering why a thread was opened specifically to say this.

It's the offseason. PR fans like to show appreciation for a show that was under appreciated all year.

• Like 1

It's the offseason. PR fans like to show appreciation for a show that was under appreciated all year.

Exactly. But, more than under appreciated......it was brutally dismissed by a number of people. Some of us are just really happy for the members and staff, that in the end, they gave us something to enjoy and applaude.

Anything that can bring well-deserved appreciation to a bunch of kids who give up their entire summer to work their butts off...and PAY for the privilege of doing so...all for OUR entertainment and enjoyment...is more than fine in my book.

I just watched the finals run, and I agree the amount of growth they made over the course of the season was impressive. With regards to BK vs. PR placement, my heart says BK but my brain says Phantom. BK's final run was definitely sloppy for them, whereas Phantom really nailed their show.

• Like 1

I like Phantom. Just not this year.

I have to agree. Well, most years. I just feel like they almost get there with their performance/design, and then it just falls flat.

The Turandot show was one that was almost there too, then the "tag" ending happened and I found myself feeling flat, like this year.

A review of the recap from finals reveals that Maestro Warren had the corps outperforming the book in Visual and GE for all judges, but so-so for the musical element; Kristman was sadly disappointed with a .5 negative spread.

• 2 weeks later...

That show sucked

And another thing, with the 2015 staff looks like they have gotten to the point that they can't attract great designers or maybe they're not trying.

Well I disagree the show didn't "suck". It may not have been the best, but it didn't "suck".

I, for one, don't look for big names rather what it put on the field. Perhaps, what ever music they decide to do, just a suggestion, make relevant choices to what you are going to arrange as to the music. I felt the music book was purposely written to be disjointed which IMHO was hard to do considering the source material. Would have been MUCH better had they looked at Wren's 87 version and went off that IMHO.