What I want to see BD do?

"You're at the top of my grocery list, you're one dessert I don't want to miss...."

Zappa

Hendrix

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Zamfir

The Heineken commercial with the guy in the ugly UCLA-blue suit: It's to Elvis' "Basso Nova Baby." Every time the commercial plays, I think of BD just wailing on this song. And the color guard being forced to bear down on some equipment work.

I would love to hear them do this just to **** everyone off .

Start at the 3:55 mark.

http://youtu.be/h3GPtgY9hSQ

That's actually pretty good music. If a corps (prob more suited to CC or cadets) could make its audience say, "Wait until you see this DRILL!!!" it could work. BD's visual is too subtle and tricksome to pull that off with much applause.

• 2 weeks later...

I really would love to see a throwback to the 75 show and see them do What is Hip!

75 was a real magical year. It was the moment when we realized ..Hey we can beat these guys from the south bay. Major respect to SCV!

Next year's BD show: Kafka-esque. The corps wears ill-fitting gray and beige. They cringe onto the field, if indeed they arrive at all. What little choreography there is lurches unpredictably between scatter drill and dense labyrinthine formations, into which occasional members disappear. Drum majors are unseen, yet their presence is everywhere felt. The guard scuttles about in a panic for the first few minutes, then cowers under marimbas or behind kettle drums for the remainder of the show. The music wheezes like an ancient calliope, issuing forth futile waltzes and sardonic dirges. No one rescues the broken clown. The show ends in an awkward silence.

• Like 1

Next year's BD show: Kafka-esque. The corps wears ill-fitting gray and beige. They cringe onto the field, if indeed they arrive at all. What little choreography there is lurches unpredictably between scatter drill and dense labyrinthine formations, into which occasional members disappear. Drum majors are unseen, yet their presence is everywhere felt. The guard scuttles about in a panic for the first few minutes, then cowers under marimbas or behind kettle drums for the remainder of the show. The music wheezes like an ancient calliope, issuing forth futile waltzes and sardonic dirges. No one rescues the broken clown. The show ends in an awkward silence.

I thought they'd already done that one :augen51: