2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

One guard member is in a while night dress and is dancing on the bed while doing saber work.

Very tight double tongue work by the brass line before blowing us away with sound!

Tests were run last night but as the places fills up more people eat bandwidth with phones

Except there's no public wireless in the stadium. There is for the press box but that is password protected. I'm actually using my phone's Internet instead to avoid causing more bandwidth issues.
  • Like 2

Great neighborhood for it, too. Hope they alert the police ahead of time, because a gunshot every seventeen minutes is likely a regular occurrence there :)

Ha!

Ballad opens with a quote from Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Horns play ethereal chords while turning towards and away from the crowd. This morphs into a medley of Pure Imagination and Rainbow.

Except there's no public wireless in the stadium. There is for the press box but that is password protected. I'm actually using my phone's Internet instead to avoid causing more bandwidth issues.

Yea, blaming the crowd and cell data instead of the crappy facility is the wrong thing to do. Whenever someone tells me that wifi is messed up by cell phone use, I think of this...

d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how

• Like 3

Horns backfield playing more Rainbow. They turn front and return to Pure Imagination. Guard is on yellow flags in back and yellow pillows up front.

Yea, blaming the crowd and cell data instead of the crappy facility is the wrong thing to do. Whenever someone tells me that wifi is messed up by cell phone use, I think of this...

d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how

Now, go play some Candy Crush. Just be careful with that hammer.

We are rudely awakened by Verdi's Requiem.

Guard in back now on red flags while the front guard is on rifles.

Very solid performance. We're now into the groups which have strength in all sections.

Kevin, the speech is from Charlie Chaplin's 1940 film The Great Dictator.

Just some background-----The movie began production six days after Britain declared war on Germany. It was also the time Chaplin was starting to get political. He was charged with being a communist but it was never proven, although he received a peace prize from the Communist led World Peace Council, after hobknobbin' with Krushchev.. His speech at the end the Great Dictator "was unpopular, however, and generated controversy.[223] Chaplin concluded the film with a six-minute speech in which he looked into the camera and professed his personal beliefs."

Tenors play their solo on the bed. A couple of them have lost their plumes.

Basses set their instruments on a wheeled platform and just Pokey Stomped all around them while the cymbals did moves to make SCV proud.