2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Just watched the movie Chaplin, in fact just finished before Prelims started. Supposedly that speech started the downhill slide as some thought Chaplin was telling the US stay out... And (according to "Chaplin") that word "Comrade" was used......

As for WiFi and cell phones, my building (70 yr old converted warehouse) started installing wireless and cell phone reception is crap. Don't even get a chirp that voice mail was left and if I don't plug the phone in the power jack it's drained by lunch looking for a signal.

My phone will do calls over wi-fi when cell reception is bad. Comes in very handy at work where I get no signal.

Tubas play the first notes of Also Sprach Zarathustra. Baritones play a snippet of the Mars theme. Now the full corps comes in, forms a star formation, and "explodes" with sound.

Same song that Bush played that I don't know the name to. Tight body movement as a group by the horns. Flags are iridescent and gorgeous to look at.

If you are having FN issues, reload the FN front page and choose Stream 2. It's pretty stable.

Yeah I know. But I really wanted to see some of my former students in Cadets 2

Knights of Cydonia twice today? Sweet. Love the non-traditional music sources.

Well, now I know what the name of that song is!

Nice mello solo on the side 2 35 yard line. The corps moves over to that side of the field and is almost entirely outside the 40.

We now have our prop for the show, a silver geodesic dome.