2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

That telecast has to have been the worse thing I very bought into .

Credit where credit is due, they made a nice reasonable fix when they built a new feed right before around when Bush was on. I suspect I know how they did it, but whatever they did worked well.

Credit where credit is due, they made a nice reasonable fix when they built a new feed right before around when Bush was on. I suspect I know how they did it, but whatever they did worked well.

would be interesting to know details of the network fix for Stream 2. Maybe a cell phone hot spot for the uplink? I wonder what carriers have good cell data bw there? ATT, Verizon, cable? I assume they have server that provides streams if upload OK, maybe even multi cast.

It may have been a wild work around. Sharing one wifi with the whole crowd, if that was plan, oopps.

Very thankful for the fix - after C2 or Bush, by Fusion perfect to end on Stream 2.

Just came back from the show, Hawthorne the best out there today, a show the should have done years ago. I thought Reading was a lot closer and MBI and Fusion Core would be close for 3rd. Everyone threw down today great day for all the competitors

• Like 1

Well, now I know that my Legends "Edmund Fitzgerald" tee shirt is not terribly effective at blocking UV rays, although the worst redness is on my face, where I relied on my hat rather than sunscreen. Oops. But on my right side only; I look a bit like Ransom in Perelandra: "piebald" indeed.

Surprised by the long-delayed scores for the last seven corps. Not at all surprised to find the judges chose to not include AtlantaCV with the second block of scores, even though they performed in that group--which just goes back to what was said when the Prelims lineup was set.

$270 in tax free cash to the winner.

Strangely, around the second intermission, it was announced that the total collected, of which the winner would get half, was about $700 and climbing. I trust that $200+ wasn't misplaced between then and the end of the show!

Crowd near me seemed quite surprised (as I was) to learn that Minnesota finished ahead of Reading.

• Like 1

Strangely, around the second intermission, it was announced that the total collected, of which the winner would get half, was about $700 and climbing. I trust that $200+ wasn't misplaced between then and the end of the show!

It's called the "Mickey" Tax ... long time DCA people will understand that ... LOL ... just kidding ... as Pepe would say: "The bartenders ... der Union ... it went ta dem" ...

:-)

• Like 1

Crowd near me seemed quite surprised (as I was) to learn that Minnesota finished ahead of Reading.

well seeing that MBI had problems during the show if they straightened out, and i'm sure they will i expect them to do what i said , win it all!

What problems did they have

Edited by donincardona