2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Boy are we in for a lot of whining for a long season.

Is that a warning that'll you'll be posting all day every day?

• Like 6

And nit just on the top three. Get ready for two new review games entitled "That ship has sailed" and "Wtf is that, It wasn't there before"

• Like 1

Drum Major John Meyer just had a discussion with the chief judge. The gun did not go off and there may be a question as to whether Govies entered the field before their allotted time began.

Yeah, this is where I feared a penalty might be given.

If Windsor had been competing tonight, they might have gotten a penalty. I saw a DCA official picking up a chain from the field about five minutes after they finished.

• Like 2

It does seem like there is one musical selection that gets chosen each year above all others. This year was Scheherazade.

Also The Magnificent Seven, if you count mini corps.

Govies ain't catching this. The big question will be the spread between the two.

In fact, who here thinks White Sabers can break 90 tonight?

I did! But that's not the only place I was wrong. From where I sat, I also thought Sun Devils and Governaires would be much closer, and that Alliance would pass Carolina Gold. And of course, like most everyone, I was blow away by the first and third placements.

On the other hand, I guessed rightly that Cadets2 would pass AtlantaCV and predicted both their scores within two tenths, as I also did for the scores by Minnesota Brass and Hurricanes, and I got the scores of Bushwackers and Carolina Gold within five hundredths, so it wasn't a total bust.

• Like 1

Harrisburg isn't nowhere. We have street lights and ATMs and everything

Speaking of Harrisburg, I spent most of the evening talking with the person next to me, who knows you. Her name is Cheri or Sherrie and I believe she was variously a color guard member, contra player, bari player, and conductor for Westshoremen. More recently she played timpani for Fusion Core (although not this year, obviously). And she's done some costume work for Buccaneers. It brought home how many people within the activity all seem to know each other.

Hey Kevin, when you get a chance, make sure the guys in the booth leave the live stream up through the victory encores tonight. It still drives me crazy that DCI cuts the stream before those....

Wait, were there encores? I was around for fifteen minutes after scores were done and the field was still full of members congratulating each other. And they didn't come out with instruments, so I figured that wasn't happening.

• Like 1

Wait, were there encores? I was around for fifteen minutes after scores were done and the field was still full of members congratulating each other. And they didn't come out with instruments, so I figured that wasn't happening.

I guess not. Bummer.

Isn't it a shame that a corps like cadets so obviously were penalized for playing a real, no gimmick, no foo foo show. They played a wonderful DRUM CORP show and deserved a much higher score . Shame on the judges. Certainly will not be returning, DCA is not DCI, if I want a broadway production will travel to New York City.

Oops. All of the scrims on the side 1 front sideline and one on side 2 have fallen over.

Odd, because there was no wind to speak of. After the performance, CG staff striking the props were shaking their heads in puzzlement.