2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

and while I'm at it, after being messaged very rudely by Windsor Regiments Director Kevin, I'll apologize to the members of Windsor about performing where they did. I'll also have them know because of how their director spoke to me, i'll never be donating or purchasing from your corps.

• Like 3

If any body got the shaft this year it was Sun, there score did not move evan a tenth of a point from the week before, when they were tied with the Hurrcs,and Hurrcs jumped up three points in pres.

Offense Only there is no defense in DRUM CORPS

LET IT GO..

Cabs finished 3rd.

Cabs had a good run but BUCS had a better one at finals.

it was not 1 judge it was most of them.

I will preface this by saying that since i have2 kids in Cabs i am somewhat biased. I have seen enough of them and Bucs this year to still speak with insight though. From my seats on the lower left 40, there was no question about the level of the performances. Simply based on the judging that was seen all season and even the day before, Cabs deserved the highest score, before penalty. Being a visual guy I was just specially surprised by the ensemble visual and colorguard scores. Mr Miller and i clearly did not see the same things. I counted at least 5 times that Bucs brass were out of step. Considering most comments from visual judges today have to include something about colorguard and staging, I suppose it shouldn't be a big surprise.
Having been around the corps most of yesterday, I can say the members clearly felt they laid down the right performance to win the championship. The look on the staff faces immediately after their show, did not match what we saw on the field however. News of the penalty spread very quickly. Considering the circumstances surrounding the member that was called, the penalty was especially hard to take. I was stunned, as I was unaware that this penalty even existed. It is especially ironic that the championship corps had a show based on the theme of breaking through the front sideline. Perhaps someone can explain this rule to me? As we all know scores and placements are only a small part of the life lessons learned in the activity. I am really proud of my girls, and of the whole Cabs organization, for the way they handled themselves last night. Congratulations to all of those who performed over the whole weekend and the season!

and while I'm at it, after being messaged very rudely by Windsor Regiments Director Kevin, I'll apologize to the members of Windsor about performing where they did. I'll also have them know because of how their director spoke to me, i'll never be donating or purchasing from your corps.

Hmmm. I assume there is a story there that we'll never hear, eh? But why not?

I guess I believe in the freedom of the press ;) If it's out there then let if fly.

Wow.

The director of WR being rude?

Now that's the biggest surprise of the weekend.

[sarcasm off]

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 6

Hmmm. I assume there is a story there that we'll never hear, eh? But why not?

I guess I believe in the freedom of the press ;) If it's out there then let if fly.

I made a comment about why 12th place performed at the end after the best went on. It offended him and he rudely told me so. To my knowledge I've never even met him. I've also heard he's badgered people after they review the corps in ways he doesn't like. I'm not losing sleep over it

• Like 1

I made a comment about why 12th place performed at the end after the best went on. It offended him and he rudely told me so. To my knowledge I've never even met him. I've also heard he's badgered people after they review the corps in ways he doesn't like. I'm not losing sleep over it

Why not have another mini-corps go on? Or have some sort of I&E showcase like DCI used to have?

Not telling you how to do your job DCA, but having 12th place go on last (after Star, no less) is just weird. And I'm still bitter about the Heartliner snub last year.

*It should go without saying, but this isn't a slam on any non-finalist exhibition groups. It's a slam on DCA's odd sense of scheduling.

Well after all the comments last year on the 11th place corps and this year on 12th why not make the crowd sit looking at an empty field . while waiting for scores ,and if DCA keeps holding their championships in places where corps can't play coming on to the field at retreat ,Then make it a Drum Majors only retreat .That should keep everyone happy .

Edited by Florida Sun

Why didn't Caballeros get the penalty in prelims and other shows? I just watched their prelims video and clearly the solo dancer is often staged in the pit box yet didn't get a penalty in prelims?

I would guess she didn't come close to knocking over a judge in prelims LOL

Plus it might have been a dancer in another part of their program some where else on the field near the side lines.

Edited by Florida Sun