Any 2014 DCA Recaps?

MrBud

Any 2014 DCA Recaps?

Prelims are up. Finals not yet (not even the scores, which I assume everyone knows). The DCA home page has been updated to identify the winners.

And now the Finals scores and recaps are up as well. Bucs with a 100 in the Brass Composition subcaption.

And the fact that Minnesota won general effect, but Bucs got the trophy.

Yes. MBI wins Music Effect. Cabs win no captions. Bucs win everything else except guard (Congrats Fusion Core!).

Edited by Ron H

Communication, the sheet no one understands

I think I've got it ! "Communication" is like a tip to a server. You take the effect scores and add 10%, making effect worth slightly more than execution. Maybe like with servers, we'll soon see it up to 15%, then 18%........

The problem is that it needs to have its own judge. It is impossible for a judge to judge communication accurately (in relation to the crowd) when they are concentrated on another caption.

In relation to the crowd? it doesnt have to mean throwing babies, it also means communicating the thought, the design and the theme the dynamics etc etc.

Edited by GUARDLING