switching instruments

I should have mentioned this one too, but 1989 and 1990 Cavaliers Guard -> Become Bass drum and being played:

'89 -> NO VIDEO -> It was during Image Diabolique, which is simililiar to the '90 show....

'90 Cavaliers

'98 Cavaliers

Around :43 you can see some of this. At around 1:45 you see a lot more... Guard -> A bunch of different sizes of cymbals... Edited by jjeffeory

I should have mentioned this one too, but 1989 and 1990 Cavaliers Guard -> Become Bass drum and being played:

'89 -> NO VIDEO -> It was during Image Diabolique, which is simililiar to the '90 show....

'90 Cavaliers

'98 Cavaliers

Around :43 you can see some of this. At around 1:45 you see a lot more... Guard -> A bunch of different sizes of cymbals...

Thanks for the clips, Jeff!! The '90 Cavies drill reminds me of the street drill we used during the same time period in our little parade corps in Dunkirk, NY.

Well....sort of, anyway. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

Thanks for the clips, Jeff!! The '90 Cavies drill reminds me of the street drill we used during the same time period in our little parade corps in Dunkirk, NY.

Well....sort of, anyway. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

Let's see the VIDEO! :augen51:

I remember an all-girl corps called the Audubon BonBons having their color guard pick up horns and play them for the finale of their show. It was sometime in the 70's.

2010 Madison had their color guard play cymbals throughout the show.

I remember an all-girl corps called the Audubon BonBons having their color guard pick up horns and play them for the finale of their show. It was sometime in the 70's.

Yup. I heard about that.

Bluecoats guard did that in '88 with sops; last note of Autumn leaves after the drum to drum.

Cadets guard did that as well in the 70's.

Cadets had their DM in ... 1977 ?.... come over and join in the brass solos in " Echano " ( As a former DM I once took up a soprano in summer's competition and did the same one year in a segment of our show that season too.... but thats just a boring sidebar... haha ! )

Speaking of the Cadets DM and brass soloist that year ( an outstanding one I might add ) I believe was told that he is now a Catholic Priest. Do you know if thats true, or not, MikeD ?

Edited by BRASSO