Favorite Moments of Finals

What were your favorite moments from the 2014 championship weekend? It could be an on the field moment, or off the field. It could be a top 10, or just one favorite. Anything you like. This is an activity of shared struggles and successes, so it's always encouraging to read and hear the good things from each other.

My favorite moment? Being able to sing the Hurricanes corps song again after being on tour. Nothing gives you a greater sense of family.

What's yours?

Having dinner with my 85 year old mother who came to see my son and I. Haven't seen her in over a year. (She still lives near Rochester, where I grew up and I am of course in Atlanta).

Besides that, the lot warm up for finals. Our drumline was on fire!

Dan

Knew months ago was not able to attend so hitting the right buttons on the laptop and TV Remote and.... we are in Rochester....

Being able to relax and watch the whole thing without worrying timing/logistics of going back to the hotel, pack, check out, breakfast and awake enough to drive 250+ miles. Do wish we could have seen the corps leave.....

First guest of Steve Rondinero(sp?) was Larry Hershman. One of the people responsible for me staying in corps after that first year.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Watching my son step off for prelims and finals after I had left the field and activity over 20 years ago. Apparently there was a lot of dust in the Rochester air for both performances...

• Like 1

Obviously a bit biased here, but for me was to lead the Skliners back onto the field of competition for the first time since a rain-drenched prelims in 2006. It was very exciting for me to be on the podium interacting with the folks I've sat in the audience with for the last 23 years.

I hope the audience enjoyed that show as much as the Skyliners did performing it. It was a blast!!

• Like 3

Toss up between the Allen Buell and Gil Silva interviews.

Some real classics there. :cool:

• Like 1

"Top of the show, to the bottom of the show. All in, no met" - Bucs DM. Great moment at beginning of show!

• Like 2