Historical DCA Fashions... Or What Not To Wear

I know some of the Rocket alums on here can clarify, but I believe their 'shakos' were imported German/Bavarian police helmets, very distinctive.

and I agree the Rockets 'get no respect' - great organization that all SWPA junior corps looked forward to seeing at local shows, members were and continue to be highly influential in drum corps and band programs. some are still active with the Steel city Alumni Corps - a real treat getting to stand beside and perform with the likes of a Riggie Laus!

I believe a similar style shako was worn by the Ballentine Brewers in 63/64 ...

:-)

• 4 weeks later...

email me C Holland... and I'll send you some uniform pictures from the 50th anniversary DCA Gala

tompeashey@gmail.com

Why not post them here Tom and give us all a treat? ... Surely the DCA wouldn't mind ... I thought a spread would have been put up on their web site ... that would be terrific ...

Edited by ajlisko

lol

I know how to post them on facebook... but forget how to post pics on here... if I send them to you can you post them?

Sure ... I could try ...

• 3 months later...

Yes. I was one who bought a FULL uniform. I was a member of the Alumni Corps. I think it was $150.oo and they would either put your name on a tag or you could dedicate it to a past member. I dedicated mine to Mr. Worden. (He also drove the Corps Equipment truck. Which I rode in to all but 2 shows.) Maybe that is a way to do it again! Oh the stories I could tell about those years on the Road in Sky's Equipment truck. Great and fun along with the work involved.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned the Cabs' unis- I had a lengthy conversation (the last one I really had, sadly) with William "Windy" Wildemore where he said the Cabs' unis were based on another Senior corps from Florida, I believe. George H. would definitely be a help with that.