Changes at Cadets2

Guess recycling shows is cheaper but yeah (not YEA) does make C2 look like the poor cousin who gets the hand me downs.

I agree that three years of this is enough, but make no mistake: Cadets2 doing Cadets' "greatest hits" shows was a dynamic and effective tool to get the corps established. It was a brilliant plan, and it worked in spades. But as others have said, it's time for Cadets2 to forge its own identity, and that can easily be done via programming, while keeping the style classic Cadets.

Rich did a fantastic job at Cadets2. I'm certainly not very privy to the internal workings of YEA (and to be honest, I don't much care...I'll eat the sausage, but don't care how it's made), so I'll trust George and his people to keep moving Cadets2 forward. If that means it's without Rich, so be it. If he wants to, Rich can easily have a large role in any DCA corps he wants to, if he wants to, and the other corps of DCA should be beating down his door.

• Like 1

True and besides helping to get the corps established it helped to keep expenses down in what was basically a gamble of YEA moving into the DCA world. And big expensive gamble since they went straight to a full size (or close to it) Open Class corps. Can't blame YEA for that.

Would say something about unis and expenses but forget where they came from.....

Oh yeah since I haven't watched DCI shows for a while it's not like I can say "I've seen that show before". :tounge2:

Oh yeah since I haven't watched DCI shows for a while it's not like I can say "I've seen that show before". :tounge2:

Well, to be fair, it's not like Cadets2 just pulled music and drill out of a filing cabinet and threw it on the field. The original source material, and a few drill idea are the same, but the rest was arranged in new and fun ways.

Edited by Kamarag

I agree that three years of this is enough, but make no mistake: Cadets2 doing Cadets' "greatest hits" shows was a dynamic and effective tool to get the corps established. It was a brilliant plan, and it worked in spades. But as others have said, it's time for Cadets2 to forge its own identity, and that can easily be done via programming, while keeping the style classic Cadets.

Rich did a fantastic job at Cadets2. I'm certainly not very privy to the internal workings of YEA (and to be honest, I don't much care...I'll eat the sausage, but don't care how it's made), so I'll trust George and his people to keep moving Cadets2 forward. If that means it's without Rich, so be it. If he wants to, Rich can easily have a large role in any DCA corps he wants to, if he wants to, and the other corps of DCA should be beating down his door.

agree Rich's track record speaks for itself

• Like 1

Trouble

Perhaps. This will show how much depth the Hurricanes had in their guard program. As was discussed in the Kiltie thread, the loss or addition of one staff member should not make or break a program. It should be the philosophy of excellence and the organization's strategy of achieving it that drives the corps.

On the other hand...

I don't mean to be provocative, but it also feels like YEA raided a competitor in order to patch up a part of their program that was not working well. That's not cool.

Edited by Ron H

Perhaps. This will show how much depth the Hurricanes had in their guard program. As was discussed in the Kiltie thread, the loss or addition of one staff member should not make or break a program. It should be the philosophy of excellence and the organization's strategy of achieving it that drives the corps.

On the other hand...

I don't mean to be provocative, but it also feels like YEA raided a competitor in order to patch up a part of their program that was not working well. That's not cool.

well, did Hurcs do everything in their power to make them stay?

can't steal those that aren't happy

• Like 1

Or maybe someone was looking for a change, and YEA was a good opportunity. Or the person in question considered it a step up, or a chance to build fresh. Who knows? And more importantly, who cares?

Cadets2 just upgraded the guard staff, something folks have been clamoring for since the day the corps first hit the field. Hurcs will either adapt or they won't.

• Like 3