VANGUARD SHAFT

SAFEJS3

I guess I still do not understand why you feel that they are getting the shaft.

....maybe it's a sexual thing...... :P

~G~

(so sorry, this thread is about the dumbest ever being discussed in regards to placement)

Agreed! w/Stp:

<sans stupid>

Have you naysayers seen SCV in the lot this year? I saw them the day before Allentown, and they were just about the most impressive drumline I have ever seen. Only the Cadets of 2002 impressed me as much standing still. And there's the crux of the matter. I haven't seen Cadets or SCV recently from the front, but I've heard that the Cadets are super clean on the move. Still, If you get a chance to see SCV play their warm up schtick, DO IT!

SCV in the lot at Allentown was some of the most entertaining and quality drumming I have ever seen. Those guys are so incredibly confident and start everything they play as if they will be flawless, and that aggression is key. They play all their exercises so as to utilize rudimental and mental abilities needed for the show, but yet do it in a very entertaining and groove fashion. This seems to be the new era of the Fresh Perspectives idea(no pun intended). I am very much a neutral fan of great drumming, and I have to say I really appreciate their technique and the way they utilize it. It is also very nice to hear execises besides some form of singles, double/triple, accent tap, or rolls in the lot. Everyone every year has their own version of the same thing but this year, SCV is fresh and new. They entertained and taught me like no other drumline that night.

As for the field, SCV plays what they do on their own level. Although not as impressive in the lot(and certainly not geared towards warmup fans), the Cadets played really well on the field on Friday. I am all about what SCV has been doing, but couldn't deny the level that the Cadets played on Friday. People are griping about the percussion scores on Friday, but I know there was a stick drop by SCV that caused some problems with a few parts. Being at the show, I feel the scores were fair, but I love seeing what SCV is doing this year. The percussion trophy could go in a few directions. Although I speak of only two lines here, this year has been incredible for drumming. Thanks to all the groups who made this year a good one.