IRS complaint filed against DCI?

Cesario was secretly instructing visual judges to reward corps whose drill regularly moved back and to the left.

You had me completely rolling off my chair on that one, N.E. Congrats. :laugh:

Please. Don't make me log onto FB. I won't. I refuse.

I'm not unaware, but I'd love to see the actual text.

But not enough to log onto FB.

Some help would be appreciated.

Lol they approved me to join their group

• Like 1

Please, Mr. Blair, tell me: What "commercial, for-profit" enterprise does DCI engage in?

Did you even read the 990's you reference?

He's too busy posting the 1980 finals recap he judged on

• Like 1

Who is this John T Blair guy anyway? Mr. Acheson doesn't owe him any answers whatsoever. Sounds like a true D-bag with a chip on his shoulder. He should officially get a life.

Edited to please Brasso who knows all. LOL! I spelled a name wrong - geesh.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 4

He and several other "friends" completely ruined the DCP Facebook page months back. I had to leave the group because they just irritated me with their irrationality. I'm glad they all found a special group of their own where they can sulk in their 1970's cornflakes.

Yes John Blair is a nutjob, but there are about 7 or 8 more just like him all in that group.

• Like 4

Donald Gratwood, another crazy in that group, thinks that there aren't any drum corps that are inclusive to all children reguardless of skill or financial status.... Hey Donald! It's called high school marching band now and there are more marching bands in America than there ever were drum corps!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 4

Donald Gratwood, another crazy in that group, thinks that there aren't any drum corps that are inclusive to all children reguardless of skill or financial status.... Hey Donald! It's called high school marching band now and there are more marching bands in America than there ever were drum corps!

There were always more marching bands in the United States than there were drum corps. Most marching bands are connected with school music programs and that was the case years ago. They did not compete until the later 70's and 80's, but kids in marching bands always outnumbered drum corps which is part of what gave a kid in drum corps pride--they were part of a special and select group. In the heyday of drum corps there was always a tension between school programs and drum corps. There was also a tension between school programs and the CYO bands that competed in the Boston area. High school programs feeding into drum corps was unheard of years ago, but that has changed over the years and since we wouldn't have drum corps without this change, it's a good thing.

I think it is somewhat a mistake to see the current competitive marching bands as a replacement for drum corps. For one thing, competitive marching bands are most often found in areas of the country that were not the hotbeds of the drum corps activity. I think the variety of sports programs as well as the ability to travel with certain teams, a wider variety of dance and drama programs, and more cost effective youth activities outside of school are more significant factors. Better school music programs may be a factor, but keep in mind most drum corps of the glory days were not founded to teach music, they were started to give kids something to do, especially in the pre-DCI days.

I would love to see circuit days again, drum corps that are not very good but have heart and involve kids of a range of abilities, but for that to happen we probably have to do away with soccer, hip hop dancing, and the local theater group. These activities are probably where the kids who would have been in drum corps can be found. If we think that eliminating music from schools would help drum corps, which would be wrong on so many levels, think again. We've seen school boards eliminate music programs all across the country, but they have not been replaced with drum corps in the community.

• Like 2

Getting all worked up about Cesario acting as a consultant to DCI on programming, despite the fact that he has an endorsement deal with FJM is like basketball fans getting mad at the NBA for employing Michael Jordan as a basketball consultant even though he has a shoe deal with Nike.

It's stupid as all hell.

While the point may be valid, your analogy isn't.

Unlike Michael Cesario, Michael Jordan does not have any say on the NBA rules, does not suggest ref ( judge hires ), does not provide annual commentary of the competition, and other hands on activities as does Michael Cesario does with DCI. Michael Jordan, as a retiree - consultant, does not have nearly the active input on judging, rules, competition, shows, etc as Michael Cesario does currently in DCI.

Also, I'm not sure how people on either side of this Blair- Acheson flare up can take a concrete position on the validity, or lack therof of such complaints, when so little is known at present regarding the complaints validity, nor the motivations behind the complaints itself. These allegations of potential wrongdoing might be a pig in a poke, or have legitiimacy in some areas. But nobody really knows this at the present time. Too often in todays world, there is a rush to judgement, or a dismissal of complaints out of hand, without in either case we have the total facts. But... it is what it is, and so people oftentimes form judgements prematurely, and I suppose its their right to do so as well. And we see this here in this case already from reading some of the DCP comments already on this.

Edited by BRASSO