IRS complaint filed against DCI?

Except for a lot of Open Class corps that allow students of all skill levels in, and offer enough financial help that pretty much anyone of age can join, sure. He's "right"

A different set of issues here, of course. But there are also all-age corps, and small drum corps. But at least this guy has an argument that there aren't enough low cost/community summer performing arts education options. All the details around that point may be off base, but the problem at least is real.

Unfortunately for him, though, his accusations that DCI killed "low cost/community summer performing arts education" is misplaced at best.

Clearly he doesn't understand the circumstances which led to this decline.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Sure. It'd also be fun to have Howdy come to a DCP party in Indy.

Any way to work in Planar Analysis for drill evaluation and this could be an old RAMD style party! ;)

• Like 4

A different set of issues here, of course. But there are also all-age corps, and small drum corps. But at least this guy has an argument that there aren't enough low cost/community summer performing arts education options. All the details around that point may be off base, but the problem at least is real.

Which all has nothing to do with DCI. DCI didnt kill the community and the decline of Many many other activities, clubs etc etc from the past. This person is clearly one who got left behind and very bitter because of it.

Except for a lot of Open Class corps that allow students of all skill levels in, and offer enough financial help that pretty much anyone of age can join, sure. He's "right"

OK, a fair point (although I saw several complaints over the past year about the high dues costs for some Open Class corps). But not to the degree that he was supposed to be wrong because high school marching bands exist.

The big issue is do WE know all the judges and DCI administrators REPORT every penny($250/show) they are paid, to the IRS?

Do DCI judges and administrators really want the IRS to start looking at this?

The big issue is do WE know all the judges and DCI administrators REPORT every penny($250/show) they are paid, to the IRS?

Do DCI judges and administrators really want the IRS to start looking at this?

if people are hired as contractors / judges and to report their own income is it any of our business. We are such an entitled society today.. Sad!

• Like 1

If people are hired as contractors / judges and report their own income, is it any of our business? We are such an entitled society today... sad!

Well, I don't think fsthnds was saying we were entitled to that information, but that (maybe) there are judges who, fearing an audit of their own finances, are hoping that the IRS doesn't investigate this (frivolous) complaint against DCI, which could lead the gov't. to them.

Well, I don't think fsthnds was saying we were entitled to that information, but that (maybe) there are judges who, fearing an audit of their own finances, are hoping that the IRS doesn't investigate this (frivolous) complaint against DCI, which could lead the gov't. to them.

Oh I didn't mean they were implying that . I agree noone wants the IRS snooping around. Someone who ever cared about the activity wouldnt draw unnecessary attention to the activity struggling to stay alive for decades already. This is why I said earlier this is a bitter person who merely got left behind. Most likely by their own doing. So they would rather see it all go away rather than think they merely didn't fit in anymore. Seems to be a theme with some. Sad .

• Like 1

Ah, gotcha. Good point.

• Like 1