2015 Shenandoah Sound Recruiting Booth At Woodbridge Show

I feel like there are two conversations happening here. But yeah, we are hitting the recruiting trail this fall in Virginia and Maryland. I've been recruiting at Maryland band shows for years. I'm from Maryland and marched in a TOB band so I'm very familiar with the circuit. I will be announcing other recruiting stops as I set them up. I teach a USBands band so I have obligations with that group, but I'll be out recruiting. Maybe I'll run into Jeff Ream again at a TOB show!

Like I said in my press release when we withdrew from DCA competition this year: We're not going anywhere!

I invite you to keep up-to-date with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/ShenandoahSound ...we just announced that our indoor line is back for a 2nd year!

• Like 2

I always cheer you guys on, you are the little corps than could.,

Keep on keepin on!!!!!

I feel like there are two conversations happening here. But yeah, we are hitting the recruiting trail this fall in Virginia and Maryland. I've been recruiting at Maryland band shows for years. I'm from Maryland and marched in a TOB band so I'm very familiar with the circuit. I will be announcing other recruiting stops as I set them up. I teach a USBands band so I have obligations with that group, but I'll be out recruiting. Maybe I'll run into Jeff Ream again at a TOB show!

Like I said in my press release when we withdrew from DCA competition this year: We're not going anywhere!

I invite you to keep up-to-date with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/ShenandoahSound ...we just announced that our indoor line is back for a 2nd year!

I hope so!

Yes, best wishes for a return to Class A next year! If Shenandoah returns, and Centurions and High Country Brass likewise return to Class A, and Rocketeers can build on their mini corps debut and move up, that, along with this year's competitors, would make nine corps in the division, a pretty solid number.

Huh. A couple years ago, when I suggested that DCI and/or Ohio corps ought to have a presence at OMEA state competitions (13,000+ students and their parents), several people here responded that there was no point, since marching band kids already all know about drum corps.

Gotta "love" people who think if they do nothing, people will still beat a path to their door.

I don't often find myself interacting with band students, but do talk with their parents at little when I go to marching band shows. As usual when the weather permits (and today was wonderful), I wore a drum corps tee shirt to the show I attended this evening--in this case the one for Legends' 2012 show ("Edmund Fitzgerald"). My only conversation regarding it was with the woman selling me a ticket. Her son, a member of the band hosting the show, hopes to march a corps, and while his dream would be Bluecoats, Legends is among the others he's looked into. Score one for the "do-nothings", I guess.

On the other hand, I chatted quite a bit with the father of a performer in the very large band that was tonight's deserved grand champion (Medina, which one regular DCP contributor knows very well). Their show has a pirate theme, complete with a large flag on a 20-foot high "mast" set right in the middle of the field. After the performance, I said that if he wanted to see another pirate show on the field, there was a show he should search for on youtube. You all know exactly which DCI performance I recommended. He said he would look for it, and then he said, "And what was the band's name again?"

• Like 1

If you didn't send him to search for the Pirates of Lake Mendota something's wrong.

Of course that's the show I recommended--but it was clear that he didn't know the name "Madison Scouts", and that he thought at first they were a high school band.

somehow popped to wrong thread... flipping laptop software

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I always cheer you guys on, you are the little corps than could.,

Keep on keepin on!!!!!

I agree. ( Shenandoah Sound )

Always pleasing to watch and listen to.

Then add some of the Nicest, friendly people, that I met in my 50 years of Drum Corps.

No matter their size. A Class Act for sure.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Shenandoah Sound should set a table at all the bands shows in your area ,Sunrisers are doing all the band shows on Long Island ,their out every week-end at a show ,And from what i'm reading on there Facebook page it's paying off for them .l can not tell you how many kids just today signed up for them .plus what ever they got last week -end .and they still have about 7 weeks to go .they set up a table ,have a video of the corps performing .flyers for there open house .there not missing the chance to sign any one up. they have 3-5 people working the table to answer questions .

Edited by Florida Sun