J.D. Shaw Joins Sunrisers team!

SUNRISERS PRESS RELEASE
9/19/2014

The Sunrisers are pleased to announce that J.D. Shaw has agreed to become the brass arranger/composer for the corps.

"I am extremely excited to be part of the new direction of the Sunrisers. Working with a corps rich in tradition and history is always a pleasure and I am eager with anticipation to create entertaining productions with this talented design team," states Shaw.

Drum corps membership first began for Shaw at the Sky Ryders and later, he aged out at Phantom Regiment. He joined the Regiment's brass staff in 1993 and in 2002 began his tenure as a brass arranger/composer for the corps, through the 2011 season. In 2012, he moved to his current position of brass arranger/composer for the Santa Clara Vanguard. He has written for several other DCI corps, including the Boston Crusaders and The Academy.

“I am excited to add a great arranger such as J.D. Shaw to the Sunriser family as we continue our path of growth as a competitor in DCA.” states executive director, Larry Visconti.

J.D. Shaw is Associate Professor of Horn at University of South Carolina and was formerly the French hornist with the internationally acclaimed Boston Brass where he was creative director, music arranger and co-owner of the ensemble. J.D. is an active solo artist and travels extensively throughout the United States as well as many countries in North America, Europe, and Asia. In addition, J.D. has also been a featured performer on National Public Radio's Performance Today and the CBS Morning Show.

• Like 1

Congrads to Sunrisers on a great choice ,be looking for a great show in 2015 coming from the corps ,My best wishs on the growth of the corps back into the top 10 of DCA

Very smart move. Donnie did great things for your team and JD is fabulous.